The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 13, 2005, 08:46 AM   #1
MADISON

Are they still in business?

Is ITHICA still in business?
Old April 13, 2005, 10:02 AM   #2
DPris
Member Emeritus

They were in January.
Denis
Old April 13, 2005, 11:19 AM   #3
Mesa Tactical

They are called Ithaca, not Ithica, which might aid in Web searching.

http://www.ithacagun.com/

Funny thing, though, I've tried and tried to get someone there to answer fax, phone or e-mail, but no one does.

Maybe they aren't in business after all.
Old April 13, 2005, 01:38 PM   #4
HunterTRW

Yes, they are still in business. You may contact Ithaca Gun Company, LLC at 1.888.948.4222.

Hope this helps.

Good luck, and good shooting!
Old April 13, 2005, 07:13 PM   #5
Dfariswheel

And the good news is, this year Ithaca is again advertising short barreled defense Model 37 shotguns, with 5 or extended 8 shot magazines.
Old April 14, 2005, 08:47 AM   #6
Ruger4570

I can assure you Ithaca is still in business as they are located not too far from me. Several years ago during an re-organization they moved from Ithaca,NY to Kings Ferry, NY. a few miles North of Ithaca. They occopy what was once a high or grade school and have converted it into their factory. They are still a small company with many dedicated workers and staff.I have visited the plant on several occasions and have found everybody most friendly and helpful. They do indeed mill the receivers out of a single peice of steel, it is slower than using a forging, but they are convinced that this is the best way to go for quality.
I doubt they received your communications as they would surly have responded quickly to it. They are working too hard to stay in business than to ignore letters.
Old April 14, 2005, 03:36 PM   #7
Mesa Tactical

Quote:
I doubt they received your communications as they would surly have responded quickly to it. They are working too hard to stay in business than to ignore letters
One letter, two e-mails, three faxes and several phone calls (once I figured out the phone trick), all ignored.

You should try calling that phone number. They have an excellent phone system which is apparently designed so that no human employee need ever respond to an incoming call, no matter what buttons the desperate caller pushes, and let me tell you it works very well!

We normally wouldn't make statements like this on a web forum, but at the request of a number of law enforcement agencies we began a project to make a stock for Ithaca guns and all we needed was a little information (literally, just a thread specification) to help things along. The complete absence of response from Ithaca was very frustrating, to say the least. We are not at all surprised that people assume they have gone out of business.

In the end we ordered a bolt from Numrich and measured the threads.
Old April 14, 2005, 04:45 PM   #8
Ruger4570

Mesa Tactical:
Don't you just hate those automated phone systems.. I usually just punch "O" for all the requests and it usually gets me someone. I would say you definatly did your best to contact them. When I get a few minutes I will look into this,, mostly curiosity now.
By the way,, is the Mesa in your name pertaining to the area in Gods Country you are from,, I am originally from Tucson and looking forward to returning out that way again.. Take care
Old April 14, 2005, 05:33 PM   #9
Mesa Tactical

Yes, we are from God's Country: Costa Mesa, California, home of the M16/AR-15.