The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 29, 2011, 10:07 PM   #1
USMCGrunt

Suggestions for 870 20 gauge synthetic stock?

I have a Remington 870 20 gauge Express defense model that I put a Remington youth synthetic stock on to shorten the length of pull. However, both the original stock and the youth stock have a higher comb height than I like. If I get down where I see the bead on top of the receiver, my cheek takes a beating. If I hold my head higher to avoid the beating, I'm WAY high when it comes to looking at the bead. Now my 12 gauge 870 has a Speedfeed II synthetic stock on it and it's just fine. Holding them side by side, I see the comb on the Speedfeed stock is a bit lower. Is there a synthetic stock out there for the 20 gauge 870 frame with a lower comb height than the factory stocks? BTW, I'm talking about conventional stocks too. Don't care for pistol grip buttstocks on shotguns. Thanks.