The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old February 19, 2013, 05:06 PM   #26
Tickling

Magpul doesn't just make magazines

I just visited Magpul' s site to drop them a little note showing my support and letting them know I'm buying my magazines from them from now on.

I clicked on their products and wow! They making everything from rails to iPhone cases..
Old February 19, 2013, 05:10 PM   #27
leprechaun50

I just sent them an e-mail thanking them for rejecting the "BRIBE" that Colorado was offering them. Shows integrity on their part.
Old February 19, 2013, 06:12 PM   #28
Mastiff

FWIW, I received this in an email from One Source Tactical:

"We received the tragic news that the state of Colorado had gone over to the dark side and embraced the ways of Mordor. For an entire day we have been reading debates and rhetoric. Our good friends at MagPul will be leaving the state and moving to the free state of Nevada. We congratulate them on their choice and we will continue to support them via the sales and endorsement of their products. "
What are the facts? Again and again and again—what are the facts? —what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts! -Robert A Heinlein
Old February 19, 2013, 06:18 PM   #29
Bart Noir

Nevada.

Not a bad idea. And maybe they will be the force that tips the balance, so that Harry Reid is never again elected to the US Senate.

Bart Noir
Old February 19, 2013, 06:24 PM   #30
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Our good friends at MagPul will be leaving the state and moving to the free state of Nevada.
Suarez jumped the gun on that one. Magpul has not made any announcement.

From their Facebook page:

Quote:
It appears that someone has posted or sent out some sort of notice that we are moving to a specific location. We can assure you that no decision has been made about location, and that we are still fighting this battle. We are, however, assembling our requirements and looking at various areas that would be suitable for our new home, should it come to that. We appreciate all the offers, and we will begin talking to various entities about those shortly.
Old February 19, 2013, 06:34 PM   #31
HiBC

zinc warrior;We have no cause to fight,you are fine.

You live in Texas.I don't know too much about Texas,been a long time since I lived there.

We have an urban corridor along I-25.Denver,Boulder,maybe Colorado Springs,are a different world/culture from the rest of the state.

Through recent redistricting,my new District includes Boulder,and the Representative is Polis,a Dem worth about 69 million dollars who is liberal.Nothing I do or say will be listened to.I no longer have representation.

Does Austin represent Texas?

For Bill Clinton's second term,only 59 million people voted.There were 89 million gun owners at the time.

We are qite a powerful political force,we can make changes.We can fire people.We have to know that,we have to do more than belly ache among ourselves.

I expect the opposition to behave the way they do,I put the failure on those who do nothing.All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
Old February 19, 2013, 07:10 PM   #32
maestro pistolero

Quote:
Nevada.

Not a bad idea. And maybe they will be the force that tips the balance, so that Harry Reid is never again elected to the US Senate.

Bart Noir
Nevada could do so much worse than Harry Reid. To have a Democratic majority leader who is not anti-gun is like hitting the jackpot for a relatively small state like Nevada. Beyond merely getting a seat, being at the head of the table of our enemies is priceless.
Old February 19, 2013, 07:21 PM   #33
Bart Noir

Hmm, maybe I was a bit hasty about Reid. I actually forgot that he is not hard over against gun ownership.

However, there are a few other political positions of his that I dislike. But, this not being the right thread for that, I'll not mention it further.

Bart Noir
Old February 19, 2013, 07:27 PM   #34
rickmelear

We would love to have them in Florida.
Old February 19, 2013, 10:16 PM   #35
jimbob86

I'm hoping they move a few hundred miles east to Nebraska- we have pretty good tax breaks for new businesses in the state.

Somebody needs to put a bug in Heineman's ear.....
Old February 19, 2013, 11:06 PM   #36
breakingcontact

Completely fascinating how the states are dividing ideologically.

I'd like to see more companies locate to the free states.
Old February 19, 2013, 11:30 PM   #37
KyJim

Magpul is welcome in gun friendly Kentucky. We're not that close to Colorado but we are centrally located in relation to most of the population of the continental U.S. besides the West Coast. Both Amazon and UPS have found that important when they located major distribution centers and hubs here.
Old February 20, 2013, 06:27 PM   #38
jimbob86

Quote:
Colorado used to be conservative state full of independant, self reliant people .... then when Californians soiled their own nest with unsustainable government growth that required ridiculously high taxes, many fled to the Front Range of Colorado, and immediately proceeded to remake it in the image of the failed state they had just left ........ natives called them "Snowflakes" ...... they were pretty when they first blew in over the mountains, but now that they are neck deep in them from Ft. Collins to CO Springs, they are not that popular.
Old February 21, 2013, 06:37 AM   #39
MLeake

Same thing happened in Maine and New Hampshire, with mostly Bostonians doing the damage; Vermont, with mostly New Yorkers doing the damage; Florida, with mostly New Yorkers doing the damage.

Center and West, it's mostly California's influence. Happened all along coastal Oregon and Washington.

Basically, if you live someplace that has beautiful scenery and relatively low prices, you are eventually likely to get overwhelmed by wealthy ex-Blue Staters, who can't wait to terraform your area.
Old February 21, 2013, 06:44 AM   #40
Tickling

^This.
Old February 21, 2013, 07:32 AM   #41
zincwarrior

Quote:
Quote:

Colorado used to be conservative state full of independant, self reliant people .... then when Californians soiled their own nest with unsustainable government growth that required ridiculously high taxes, many fled to the Front Range of Colorado, and immediately proceeded to remake it in the image of the failed state they had just left ........ natives called them "Snowflakes" ...... they were pretty when they first blew in over the mountains, but now that they are neck deep in them from Ft. Collins to CO Springs, they are not that popular.

Not happy with Perry about courting more Californians to come here, not at all.
Old February 21, 2013, 12:51 PM   #42
JimDandy

Quote:
Same thing happened in Maine and New Hampshire, with mostly Bostonians doing the damage; Vermont, with mostly New Yorkers doing the damage; Florida, with mostly New Yorkers doing the damage.

Center and West, it's mostly California's influence. Happened all along coastal Oregon and Washington.

Basically, if you live someplace that has beautiful scenery and relatively low prices, you are eventually likely to get overwhelmed by wealthy ex-Blue Staters, who can't wait to terraform your area
When the Berlin Wall fell, there was a running joke around here to tear it down, and put it up around the Seattle City limits to keep the Californians out. Too bad it was a joke.
Old February 21, 2013, 04:03 PM   #43
WW2

Enough of the Californian Bashing...

... I am insulted that you paint all Californians with a broad brush. I am a constitutional conservitive for smaller government and a strong supporter of the Second Amendment.

Your attacks feel like racism but with the "race" being "California" instead of another.

I am fighting the battle with the antis everyday. I can say that there are a lot of RKBA people in Southern California that support our cause.

On the other hand, when a co-worker found out I had bought a gun his first question was "Why do you want to kill people?"

But after a few years and several conversations he is now leaning toward RKBA.

I sure wish I could own the weapons that LEO has in California. Especially the ones issued to Game Wardens!

Luke 22:36
Quote:
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Old February 21, 2013, 05:04 PM   #44
breakingcontact

Re: Magpul and leaving Colorado followthrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW2 View Post
Your attacks feel like racism but with the "race" being "California" instead of another.
Yikes. Please don't go there. You can't change your race as you're born with it. Also nothing inherently wrong with whatever race you're born. If you live in California or some other slave state, that's something you can change.
Old February 21, 2013, 05:05 PM   #45
breakingcontact

Re: Magpul and leaving Colorado followthrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zincwarrior View Post
Yes, we have swarms in Austin. Austin's gone from this sleepy hippy type college town/state capital to a San Francisco wannabe, complete with raging nanny state.

Not happy with Perry about courting more Californians to come here, not at all.
I've been thinking about that too. Perry is recruiting them for the jobs...but when they come they arrive intending to make ATX like where they came from instead of taking on our culture.
Old February 21, 2013, 05:42 PM   #46
WW2

Reread this thread substituting Texan for Californian

breaking: If you go back and re-read this thread substituting Texan for Californian you will see how the comparison with racism rings true.

Based on what people are saying, even if I move to Texas I will still be treated as a "Californian" (said with a disgusted look on the face and spitting on the ground afterward to get the foul task of "Californian" out of the mouth).

Can I easily change from being a resident of California to being a resident of Texas? No. Being upside down on my mortgage and having kids in college that have jobs would be a big problem. Leaving the proximity of my retired parents means I would not get to visit them very often if at all. Breaking up the family is not an option for me. By the way, my whole family is conservative and votes RKBA.

Can I change my race? Yes I can just by changing from a Caucasian to a Native American. Race is not always obvious and looks can be deceiving.

Luke 22:36
Quote:
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Old February 21, 2013, 06:47 PM   #47
MLeake

WW2, the problem is that most of the pro-gun Californians one meets are from rural areas inland or northern, or else from military enclaves such as San Diego or Lemoore.

The wealthy, urban Californians who buy up properties in other states rarely seem to be pro-gun, and usually seem to favor big government.

To put this in perspective, my mother's family and my father's family were both from Massachusetts. While a mix of R and D, all are center conservative; several are or were cops or corrections officers; many were military.

Most have moved from Massachusetts due to area politics. One uncle is stuck there because of penalties he would incur to his state pension should he move. Other relatives have a large business, and won't leave, but that cousin is a former cop and is friendly with his rural police chief, so he and his immediate family have no firearm permit troubles.

But they are in a minority, whether among current MA residents, or among those who have emigrated. The folks with money and political inclinations tend to be anti-gun in MA, and to remain anti-gun when they relocate.

Perhaps the most ironic example was a former Bostonian I met, who was managing a pawn and gun shop and range near Fort Bragg - the guy was selling guns and managing a range, but extremely critical of concealed carriers.

So, while you may well be fighting the good fight, you are also fighting a stereotype that, like many stereotypes, is rooted in fact.

Edit: WW2, I will go one further, and say that my family laugh when they hear people refer to "M*******s," both because they know exactly what is meant, and that it does not apply to them. You might look at the "Californian" thing in a similar light.

Second Edit: I wasn't sure if the 'bot would allow that term. Suffice to say it's a term in common usage throughout the rest of New England to describe rude tourist / bad driver / annoying new neighbors from Mass, ending with hole; it's not looked at so much like a profanity, as a descriptive term which is immediately understood.

Last edited by MLeake; February 21, 2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old February 21, 2013, 07:43 PM   #48
taylorce1

Colorado Springs is in El Paso county which is the most populated county in the state and it was red in the last election. Thanks to the large population of military and military retirees we are still solidly red. However, it could all change if we aren't careful and get some new blood in the Republican party.
Old February 21, 2013, 09:20 PM   #49
RamItOne

Move to Texas, slap a lone star on the pmag...you know that'll sell out
I'm sure a ton of states would like their business.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rtant/DJyvnHz0
Old February 21, 2013, 11:17 PM   #50
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
If you live in California or some other slave state, that's something you can change.
Please. Unless you can prove that slavery is actually an endorsed or practiced institution, knock it off with the hyperbole. It's insulting to the folks who live there and fight for the 2A.

Furthermore, California isn't the subject of this thread. Let's keep it on track if we want it to stay open.