The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 10, 2012, 11:46 AM   #26
ltc444

AZ and NM are gun friendly but not so wage friendly. Carpenters in Phoenix make about $10 an hour. In other parts of the country they start at $15 and top out in the 20s. Truck drivers make $11 and hour.

So depending on your vocation look for a wage cut.
Old November 10, 2012, 01:57 PM   #27
armoredman

I love AZ, been here my entire life minus some time over seas back in the day. One thing - if you aren't used to hot summers, come visit in July, first. Our summers are easier than summers in Georgia and such, being a very low humidity "dry" heat, but they can still bake you alive. Had to shut the airport down in Phoenix once when it hit 122 degrees there.
Winters are the best, get to wear your jacket just enough days of the year to justify owning one. if you go to northern Arizona, you get for cooler weather, up around Flagstaff is cooler than "downstate", and they just opened a brand new huge state built shooting facility up there. haven't been there, but I've heard it's very nice.
Wages can be lower - we are a right to work state, no waiting to get in at the union shop. But we do have jobs, including state jobs.
C'mon down for a visit and see what you think.
Gary, that property in Florence is probably worth $10K again now... I know the area, been working there for over 10 years.
Old November 11, 2012, 05:34 AM   #28
Redhawk5.5+P+

Quote:
Can any of you good people help me out?
Sorry, but any good (smart) people out hear that I know wouldn't give you an idea of a thought or chance.

That to me, is trolling for sucker's.
Old November 12, 2012, 07:33 AM   #29
Baba Louie

Quote:
Sorry, but any good (smart) people out hear that I know wouldn't give you an idea of a thought or chance.
While I admit I am not very good (or smart) and my hearing is going bad , if Kirkpatrick ever ventures out Las Vegas way, I'd be happy to take him out plinking in the desert a time or two or even shoot at one of the ranges around town (which I typically avoid).

But, that's just me. YMMV
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address