The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 25, 2009, 07:47 PM   #1
dannyblake10

just got my Benelli Nova!

for christmas i just got my Benelli Nova and its really nice
im pretty happy with it. its a 12 gauge, 28 inch barrel, black, 3.5'' chamber and everything else i was hoping for, except i would have loved to have a wood stocked shotgun.

anyways, i was wondering how the remington 870 express super magnum compares to it. i was deciding between these two before christmas and would have been happy with either, but im just curious on what i gained or lost with the Benelli

thanks,
Danny
Old December 25, 2009, 08:24 PM   #2
noyes

One may have fit you better than the other. That's all i can think of.

Did you hold each up to your shoulder and site down the barrel ?

Wal Mart Federal Game Shok shells cost less than the 100 shell packs. Check them out . Their the one's inside the glass case.
Old December 25, 2009, 11:05 PM   #3
dannyblake10

yea we already have an 870 and i liked it and am familiar with it but the benelli also has a pretty good feel to it
Old December 25, 2009, 11:34 PM   #4
uncledewey

I think you'll be very happy with your Benelli. I have a Super Nova (camo) with which I've take two turkeys with it the last two years. It patterns great with the Winchester Supreme Elites. I looked at the 870's when I was buying, and did not feel that the quality was quite comparable to the Benelli. It may or may not be, just my opinion. For small game and birds I use a Winchester Model 12, 12 ga. Made in 1924, nickel chrome steel, mod. choke.

Tags
benelli , new shotgun