The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 12, 2014, 03:50 PM   #1
RoosterBooster3632

Benelli Crio

I just purchased a used Benelli SBE II from an estate. It only had the one choke that was in the gun. My question is in regard to the chokes. Are the chokes different for the SBE II verus my currnet Benelli M1? I know that my current M1 and my Beretta O/U use the same chokes and I'm wondering if I can use those same chokes in the SBE II. I haven't pulled the choke out of the SBE II yet to look at it.

Thanks.
Old April 13, 2014, 04:35 PM   #2
BigJimP

Pull it out and look at it .....sometimes, even within one model, Benelli made changes in the location of the threads on the choke and in the barrel.../ so there is no way to know without looking at them. ( you should take the choke out - clean it / and clean and lube the threads inside the barrel anyway ---- and at least every other time you shoot it, in my opinion)..

Benelli Super Sport models ...about 5 years ago...were changed....vs the previous 5 yrs or so the same model was made. The only reason we realized it - was a buddy bought one for his son as a gift...and the kid grabbed the wrong Super Sport 12ga off the gun rack ( he grabbed his dad's instead of his )..and the choke threads were different...

I think Beretta/Benelli were trying to standardize them - but I'm not sure.