The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 23, 2014, 08:34 PM   #1
JackLambert

Need help with my Remington 1100.

Hello this is my first post to this forum and I was wondering I could get some help. My Remington 1100 has a stuck trigger assembly pin there're two pins a bigger one closer to the stock and a smaller one farther from the stock. The smaller one will not come out I have tried for about an hour and was wondering if any of the folks here could help me out.

Thanks

Sincerely, Nick
Old August 24, 2014, 06:17 AM   #2
eastbank

if you have taken the large pin out,put it back in and use a punch close to the small pin size and tap the smaller pin out first. if the large pin is out the trigger group may have moved a little binding the group. the pins should come out pretty easy as there are only small wire clips that slips into the small grooves on the pins that holds the pins in. good luck, eastbank.
Old August 24, 2014, 08:04 AM   #3
NoSecondBest

As a general rule, all sights, pins, etc. are designed to come out from left to right as you look down the sighting plane. Are you driving them the right way? They are tapered pins and you could be trying to force them the wrong way. If you do succeed in getting them out this way, they will never be tight again.
Old August 24, 2014, 11:02 AM   #4
Pahoo

eastbank + 1

These pins are made to go either way and there is something biding or the retain springs are not releasing. In addition to what eastbank has replied, Apply a little liquid wrench of just plain oil and see if this helps. These pins are made to come out fairly easily. Try driving them one way and then the other. ....

Be Safe !!!

Tags
pin , problem , remington 1100 , trigger assembly