The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 8, 2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Nathan

Anybody tried these gun cleaners?

Sharp Shoot-R

They are well advertised on the site and reasonably priced, but I thought I might asking before ordering.

It would be nice to eliminate brushing.
Old July 8, 2012, 03:19 PM   #2
k4swb

I use the foaming bore cleaner. Pretty good stuff. Better than anything else? Probably not but it is quick, not too messy and seems to clean fairly well. I don't get heavy lead/copper fouling so it works for me.
Old July 9, 2012, 11:00 AM   #3
sholling

No I haven't tried it but anything brushless would have to be pretty harsh. I like MPro7 bore gel because it works without stinking up the house but I still run a brush through.
Old July 9, 2012, 01:15 PM   #4
JWT

MPro7 works very well. The gel is thicker and great on bronze brushes. No odor to upset the wife. Great stuff.
Old July 10, 2012, 12:19 AM   #5
hoghunting

Quote:
No I haven't tried it but anything brushless would have to be pretty harsh.
It's actually a mild cleaner as it does not contain ammonia nor has any odor. I've been using the foam cleaner for 6 years and haven't use a brush since. Just spray it in the barrel, leave it overnight - can't do that with an ammonia cleaner - and patch it out the next day. Usually takes 2 or 3 patches and it's a very clean bore. Started using it on the magnums as I finally had enough scrubbing with solvents, brushes and patches, now I use it on any bore with copper fouling.