The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 9, 2011, 10:28 AM   #1
tobnpr

Anyone purchase from Marschal Grips recently?

Searching online seems it can take months to get his grips...
Anyone purchase from him recently?

I can get the CZ walnut factory grips for my 82 (same as 83, right?) from Midway in stock. I like Marschal's selection better, but not at the expense of waiting for two months...
Old October 9, 2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Casimer

I've dealt with Marschal before. Just contact him. He'll give you an honest estimate on the turn around time.
Old October 9, 2011, 12:58 PM   #3
tobnpr

Thanks for the suggestion- will do...
It says 4-6 weeks and another 2-3 for shipping, but maybe he can do better...

Last edited by tobnpr; October 9, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old January 30, 2012, 12:52 PM   #4
crestone

Defective Grips

I had a recent (January 2012) bad experience with Marschal Grips. I ordered a set of their grips for a Sig P225 last October using Paypal for the transaction. When the grips arrived last week, the right grip was fine but the left grip (side with slide release and decocking lever) wouldn't come close to fitting. I emailed Dennis at Marschall with photos clearly showing the lack of fit. No response from Dennis. The grip needs to be recarved and quite a bit of wood removed to make it fit. I am out the $92 and stuck with beautiful grips that don't fit. BEWARE OF ORDERING FROM MARSCHAL GRIPS
Old January 30, 2012, 01:38 PM   #5
crispy

I'll second the "Do Not Buy" recommendation. Not only did my Sig P232 grips not come close to fitting but the guy never responds to e-mail.

If you want to see pictures of how bad they were, check out this thread.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477296

Last edited by crispy; February 2, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old February 1, 2012, 05:46 PM   #6
thunter270

Marschal Grips

I ordered a set of grips for my CZ 75D PCR compact on November 11, 2011.
I still have not received them. This Friday February 3rd will be 12 weeks.
I will give a report on the fit, finish and quality when I receive them.
Old February 2, 2012, 08:29 AM   #7
crispy

The PCR is high up on my "next gun to buy" list.

One of the reasons I love it is because of how good it looks with wood grips.

Please post pictures when you get the grips. Before and after would be nice.

Here is the PCR with Nill grips. I was going to splurge and get these even though they are twice as much as every other grip.

Old February 15, 2012, 04:39 PM   #8
thunter270

Marschal Grips

I got my grips today from Marschal grips. It took 13 weeks and 5 days. You have to be patient when ordering from him.
They fit great. I chose the walnut grips with the oil finish, because I wanted a light to medium wood to contrast the black finish on my gun. I went by the examples of woods and finishes that he posted on his site. They turned out much too dark from what I expected and one side is way darker then the other. If I knew they were going to be that dark, I would have chose the wattle in an oil finish. That would have lightened it up 3 shades or so.
I chose Marschal grips because I first tried to contact Omega grips and after 10 attempts by email and no responses for $200-$300. I passed on them.
The same exact thing happened when I tried to contact Hakan grips. Ten attempts by email with no responses for $200-$300. I passed on them too.
Marschal did respond with one email, but it took him 10 days and his grips were $62. So I went with him. His flat grips are a good fit, but the finish is not consistent with the pic's online, nor are they consistent from the right grip to the left grip.
Midway has consistent finished grips but a limited choice of wood types to chose from. CZ also offers grips for my gun, but again not very many choices to chose from.
Overall I am happy with the grips.They fit great and feel good in my hand. I can not wait to test fire my gun now. So not a complete loss.

Last edited by thunter270; February 15, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old February 15, 2012, 05:32 PM   #9
thunter270

Marschal Grips

Marschal Grips
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0072.jpg (228.0 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0075.jpg (236.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 000_0082.jpg (227.1 KB, 47 views)
Old July 2, 2012, 09:42 PM   #10
kflynn

My first experience with Marschal Grips

I had some cheap plastic, flat, grips on my PA-63 that cracked on me the last time I was at the range.
Although I've been a big fan of rubber grips(Hogue and Pachmayr) for years, my recent experience with cowboy action shooting has turned me on to wooden grips. That and it's hard to find much variety for my PA-63.
So anyway. I ordered a set of PA-63 grip panels that Marchal had pre-made and ready to go. I would have liked to order something custom, but I didn't have the time.
The grips showed up within two weeks.
They are beautiful.
They don't fit.

Technically they fit, however the right panel doesn't lie flat against the frame. So when I install them, the upper portion of the right panel juts out. It does it so bad that I can't even holster the pistol.

I sent an email last week and have received no response.
I am very disappointed.