The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 11, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1
fast20

freedom munitions

anybody buy from these guys... what about quality... prices are really good even with shipping.... thanks

http://www.freedommunitions.com
Old December 11, 2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Falcon642

I've shot some of their 9mm stuff through my Browning Hi-Power. It worked with no problems whatsoever. Not the hottest ammo out there, but definitely more than good enough for punching holes in paper.

Only downside is that they have been absolutely swamped since the election. You used to get your order in a week, since the election you're lucky if you get your order in a month.
Old December 11, 2012, 09:53 PM   #3
dstryr

I have shot at least 2500 rounds of their .40 180gr reloads through my FNPs and not one hiccup. Picked up some in early summer then bought on the Labor Day Free Freight special and then gain in early November. They load once-fired brass for the reloads and the first 500 went through perfectly so that's what I've been shooting.

http://www.dstryr.com/
Old December 11, 2012, 10:22 PM   #4
David13

I got some of their new stuff, not the reload. It was good stuff. I will definitely go back there.
dc
Old December 12, 2012, 12:01 AM   #5
Jay24bal

For those of you whom have used their reloads...

What cases are used in their reloads? Is it all their own cases that have been once fired, or is it a hodge podge of other manufacturers brass?

I am always open to picking up cheap ammo as it brings the cost of brass down while the number of shots down range goes up.

If it is good stuff, maybe I will pick up a couple boxes in a couple calibers and give it a shot (pun intended )

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "
Old December 12, 2012, 12:16 AM   #6
allaroundhunter

Quote:
What cases are used in their reloads? Is it all their own cases that have been once fired, or is it a hodge podge of other manufacturers brass?
It is a hodge podge of other manufacturers brass. However, it is good brass, and it is pressure checked for signs of case weakness.

The ammo that I bought (1,000 9mm and 1,000 5.56) has been great so far. I will recommend their blaster line. Even though it says that it is "cosmetically blemished", I had to look closely to see the problem and it still performed fantastically. (And the picture doesn't really do it justice, these cases are actually shinier than they appear in the picture)

They are a great company, and are selling great ammo at a great price. Nothing to not like!
Old December 12, 2012, 09:54 AM   #7
Jay24bal

Thanks Allaround

Your input is greatly appreciated.

I looked around their website and saw all the information they put out there and their reloading process. I was just unsure as to the brass they used. I have nothing against a hodge podge of brass. Normally when I go to my indoor range, I shoot about 150 rounds of centerfire pistol and come home with 300-400 pieces of brass anyway (The range does not make the shooter clean up their stall when they are done, instead the range officer comes by every couple of hours and just sweeps the brass into a huge dustpan, so if you time it right, there is tons of brass just sitting in the same stall I am shooting from so I don't need to worry about stealing someone else's brass.)

I have my Christmas bonus coming on Friday and was planning on making a bulk ammo purchase with some of it. I think I will order a box or two from them and see how it goes, if all goes well, a bulk order will be forthcoming.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "