The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 31, 2000, 11:26 PM   #1
hoosierboy

I know that people are somewhat averse to buying things through ebay, but I got 500 .223 brass fired cartridges for 10 bucks plus shipping. I also got 2000 rounds of 9mm fired brass for 30 bucks plus shipping. I know some people are particular about what brands they use, but for plinking I guess you cant go wrong.

I was just curious if anyones else took advantage of Ebay before.
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
--Ayn Rand, in "The Nature of Government"
http://hometown.aol.com//jsax13/web.html
Member NRA, GOA, JPFO, SAF, and CCRKBA.
Old January 1, 2001, 02:40 AM   #2
Sisco

I've done a lot of buying on eBay. One has to be aware of prices however. You got a pretty good deal on the brass, but I've seen a lot of stuff selling for more than you could get it from Midway or other suppliers.
Old January 1, 2001, 11:29 AM   #3
MIKE14

MidwayUSA has a decent deal on their once fired grade one .308 brass I bought a hundred last month just to check them out. It was about 70% Lake City with some good IMI TZ stamped stuff mixed in with it. Midway seems to be a very good company to deal with. I've had good results with them.
They pay the shipping also.
Old January 2, 2001, 11:00 AM   #4
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

I am a big fan of buying gun goodies from E-bay, brass included. I agree that you have to watch the prices, but there are lots of good deals to be had.
Old January 2, 2001, 08:03 PM   #5
handgunhunting

you all should try http://www.yahoo.com they have auctions too. yahoo has just as many if not more catagorys then ebay you can also sell things that ebay won't and it is all free selling and bidding