The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 4, 2000, 10:39 PM   #1
Banzai

They're pretty much the same price per pound ($12.49/$14.89 respectively in my area). Form what load data that I can find, similar charges produce similar velocities. The only load data that I can locate for Titegroup is on Hodgdon's web page and in the Speer #13, but these loads (as usual) are rather different. YES, I know that the load data is not interchangeable.

*For those of you who have used both, what do you like about one or the other best?*

I'm interested in trying some of titegroup after reading some of the other posts, with some Gold Dots.
Also, is it safe to use the Gold Dot with the Hodgdon 124gn load of 4.4gn at 1.090 COL?

Tom

------------------
A "Miss" is the ultimate overpenetration!
Old March 5, 2000, 08:26 AM   #2
WESHOOT2

TiteGroup burns 'cleaner' than Bullseye, but for accuracy you need to try both.

Assuming 9X19, maybe you should try a powder with a 'slower' burn rate, like AA5, V3N37, or Alliant Power Pistol.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Old March 5, 2000, 10:19 AM   #3
tonyz

Banzai

I am using Bullsye and W231, but I want a cleaner burning powder thats more consitant
then the 2 that I am useing. Thats way I did the post about Tightgroup.
Your are correct in that bullseye and tightgroup are close, the burn rate is about the same but Tightgroup is cleaner and more consistant from all that I have learned.

I am going to pick up a pound and try it. At 13.95 a pound, $2.00 cheaper then bullseye I'll have fun trying new loads and might find a new favorite powder. Which was Bullseye.
Tonyz