The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old March 28, 2014, 10:25 AM   #26
loic

Wait a bit, save a little more get a colt 6920. You WILL spend more on ammo anyway...

I bought this one from a guy that had buyer remorse, he never shot it and I saved $200 LoL, but then I added a midwest ind rail, got a scope for it and a quick detach for my bipod (I use it the most on my bolt rifle) the only other thing I want to change is the stock as I want to have adjustable cheek pad.

Old March 28, 2014, 04:30 PM   #27
thedudeabides

Bravo or Colt.

Both will work, both won't set you back a fortune, and you can put all sorts of cool stuff on them.
Old March 31, 2014, 12:10 PM   #28
Boncrayon

Good Starting AR-15?

I have done extensive research with a set amount I wanted to spend. I looked at DPMS and other "build your own" brands that are all respectable in their products. But after 4-5 months of shopping, asking questions, looking at reviews and on-line opinions, I settled on one in a gun shop that met most of my criteria. Bold Ideas in Texas make all Colt "competition" AR 15's. My gun dealer brought one off his shelf that Colt offered at a good wholesale price that lowered the final retail offer. It is a Colt CSR 1516 model, but had a Colt CRX-style forearm hand-guard and modified muzzle break. It's light, rugged with basic rails and will accept many additional attachments as needed. So it is a morph of the CSR and the CRX for right at $1,005. The link below shows a National Rifle Champ's opinion of this firearm. Her test does not show a positive review. Check the next link below for a comparison of the CSR and CRX (the forearm and break that ended up on my CSR). Oh, and Colt has been manufacturing these for the military longer than most of the newer entry manufacturers.

http://www.30calgal.com/colt-csr-151...-this-perfect/

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun...sr-1516-rifles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ColtCSR&CRX.jpg (40.2 KB, 22 views)
Old April 9, 2014, 03:13 PM   #29
Boncrayon

Good Starting AR-15?

I spent about 5 months searching for what I wanted (not starter) and found a Colt CSR with a CRX barrel combination (competition grade). I wanted accuracy, so I settled for a bull barrel with Nitride hardening treatment on the boor for long life. It was loaded with rails on all sides and accurate to the bull's eye at the range. I did my due diligence and found what would suit my wants without spending too much, so I could then buy ammo or look for a savvy scope (Nikon P-223). I'm a happy camper.
Old April 13, 2014, 08:01 AM   #30
INMY01TA

PSA, Windham, Delton, or Spikes will do fine.