The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old November 1, 2001, 10:48 PM   #1
Clipper

Ruger 10/22 Full Auto

What is the best way to convert a Ruger 10/22 to full auto?
Old November 1, 2001, 11:00 PM   #2
Justin

First off, you're posting in the wrong forum. You want either Art of the Rifle, or full auto.

Second of all, you can't just convert a rifle to fire full auto. Not unless you want to spend a few years in the klink with a lover named Bubba.

I would strongly suggest that if you want to look into ownership of a full auto weapon that you study up on the legalities it entails. In order to own a full auto weapon, you have to jump through a lot of legal hoops, and if you're ever questioned by law enforcement, you better realize that the burden of proof is on you.

My belief: It ain't worth it.
Old November 1, 2001, 11:57 PM   #3
Vladimir_Berkov

You can get a full-auto 10/22, although you can not convert the semi-auto rifle you already own. Ask in the fullauto forum and they will tell you how.
Old November 2, 2001, 12:04 AM   #4
Mal H
Staff

I'll transfer this over to the Full Auto forum.

Clipper - be sure to familiarize yourself with all the legal implications of your proposed conversion.
Old November 5, 2001, 03:21 PM   #5
RenegadeX

Clipper,

You do not state what country you come from, so I will not make any assumptions on what is legal or illegal where you reside. Need less to say, there are a lot of regualations in the US, but nothing impossible. Generally speaking, though, IMO, conversions are to be avoided. You would be much better off to obtain a weapon that was designed for FA fire, or professionally modified to fire FA. As far as I know, the 10/22 was never designed for FA fire, so this, while a fun choice, would have to be a conversion.
Old November 6, 2001, 08:48 PM   #6
george miller

10/22

they make good sa weapons and are reliable and accurate for what they were designed for-semi fire.they have an aluminum alloy reciever that cant take the beating a fa dishes out.buy a crank for the trigger if you want simulated fa fire,after it ruins your weapon,you see what im talking about.