The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old April 22, 2011, 07:42 PM   #51
skifast

I believe in helping and I hope I would.

I would add that you need to get both the combatants down and out ASAP. It would not be surprising if the guy with the camera or another thugs came to their defense.
Old April 22, 2011, 07:43 PM   #52
FireForged

Quote:
As soon as you step in to help it becomes your job, a citizens arrest is 100% legal, and I for one would not be able to sleep knowing I let these two go, possibly never to be caught and charged. Letting them go would just teach them that this kind of animal behavior is ok, and that they got away with it once, they could do it again. I wear a 550 paracord bracelet everywhere I go, this would have been the perfect use for it, knocking these to out cold and tying their hands behind their backs until law enforcement arrived.
Please quote the statutory language of any State that requires or in some way states that its "your job" as a citizen to restrain/detain a offender.

I realize that many States (like mine) allow for a citizen arrest. I have no issue with that at all. I am just curious to see where a citizen would be required to take someone into custody simply because they stepped in to stop/prevent a crime.

Last edited by FireForged; April 22, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old April 22, 2011, 07:52 PM   #53
chadstrickland

I don't know....I would have been going to jail..i don't think I would have shot them but my old spring field 1911 is heavy as heck...I think cracking both those chicks skulls and then I would have thought that camera man had a knive and cracked him to for that comment about putting this on youtube and leave before the cops come comment he made
Two weapons that was designed by the same man still in use by the us military 100 years later...1911 and m2...is there anything that comes close.....lol annd maybe perhaps a sig sauer p226 tac ops edition..
Old April 22, 2011, 08:31 PM   #54
ice monkey

Wow, I was trying to find more on this story … only to find there are seemingly a lot of fights in McDonalds. I knew Chucky Cheese was the seine of a lot of mishaps, but …

I guess statistically McDonalds with all the restaurants they have, and the price point of their food, they should have more incidence of violence. I just never thought about it! Gone are the days when you give your kid $5.00 and tell them to pick-up a burger eh!

BTW, I know what I would have liked to do - But it’s hard to say what I would have done. There is just something about folk who seemingly have nothing to lose and act as such. Trash makes getting involved hard to do when you have a life. Would have to know how it all went down.

I do hope the best for the vic.
Old April 22, 2011, 08:50 PM   #55
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildalaska
So what does this thread do other than give folks a chance to chest pound

Gives the opportunity to discuss what levels of force may have been appropriate and the legal implications thereof.
Problem is, except for a few, that just isn't happening.

Given the profanity in the vid, and a few attempts at same in the thread, plus a few racial references, this is more noise than signal, and this just isn't TFL material.

Closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread