The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old October 4, 2006, 07:01 AM   #1
dmyhand1957

Looking for Stocks

I am in need of a couple of stocks. I have tried Gun Parts Corp. already and they are out of stock on what I need. First is a butt stock for a JC Higgins Model 20 12ga. shotgun, or can someone tell me if pinning the stock will work. The stock has split from side to side near the top of where the stock meets the receiver. Second stock needed is for a Mannlicher-Berthier Model of 1915(?) French Military Rifle calibre 8.mm. All relevant help is deeply appreciated. Thanks, Dennis
Old October 4, 2006, 12:41 PM   #2
rem33

Acriglass with pins might do it, or maybe some new product. Ask a stock maker or gun smith that works with stocks. Look on ebay every few days if you can't find one any other place, surprising what's there at times.
You can buy aftermarket stocks also.
Old October 4, 2006, 12:57 PM   #3
Mike in Michigan

Stock repair

Brownells sells a kit that includes threaded brass pins with pilot drills. Complete instructions are included. All you need is a variable speed drill. I have used them several times and my customers were completely satisfied.