The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 8, 2012, 10:05 AM   #1
Double Naught Spy

Law Concealment System, Inc. Holster Review

I purchased two nylon Law Concealment System holsters (different sizes $57.95 each) to see if they would meet my needs. I had been looking for these for a while and the company had fallen off my radar. I was recently contacted by a vendor via my TFL post and was pleased to be able to get the holsters I have been wanting to try. Note that leather versions are available as well, but are not considered here.

The draw for me (no put intended) was that I wanted a general purpose holster that would be good for more than one gun. I also carry lefthanded sometimes and having double holsters is a bit of a pain (and expense) and so I figured these holsters would be great because you can carry either side. The general large pocket of each makes them capable of being able to carry a wide variety of pistols of appropriate size. They can hold revovlers, slide guns, and even my toggle topped luger just fine.

The neat thing about the smaller holser is that it can also be used as a spare magazine carrier instead of just for carrying small framed pistols. For my 1911s, I have found this to be adequate as a mag pouch and so it can compliment the larger holster or any holster. It is an IWB or IB (inside the belt) mag pouch and so double stacked mags may seem overly bulky. Single stack mags add some bulk as well, but I didn't feel like the pouch was any less functional as an IWB mag pouch as any others I have tried in the past.

The reason for purchase was for carrying my 1911s, however. I started with the small pouch and carrying my tiny Springfield EMP in 9mm. As I had been told, it took a few days for the holster to break-in and become flexible and when it did, the comfort level improved significantly.

Overall, I was satisfied with how the gun rode. When standing vertically, the gun could be rocked fore and aft slightly, but I did not find this to be a problem. When carried with a forward FBI cant (how I like to have my holsters carry guns) and the muzzle tucked into the rear corner of the holster, the gun remained solidly in one position.

The full-sized version carried my full-sized 1911 just fine as well, pretty well mimicking the results of the smaller holster with the except that the larger holster with more material seemed to take a little longer to break-in. It is currently my preferred IWB to carry for when I am spending long periods of time in my hunting blind. Unlike some holsters I have tried, I find these to be very comfortable when sitting.

The preferred carry position for these holsters is in the 4:00-6:00 o'clock positions (which I was told when I made my purchase) and I have found that 3:00 o'clock does not work well for me at all given my hefty build.

For those who don't need belts, the Law Concealment holster can be carried simply tucked over the top edge of your pants. I am not one of those people, however, and I suspect this would be a carry method most suited for the more ultalight guns than a full-sized steel 1911.

This holster is not a range holster. The non-reinforced mouth of this IWB holster means the mouth closes when the gun is drawn. This is a feature in common in non-reinforced mouth type holsters. I am told that reholstering gets easier with time, but with a tight belt, you end up having to work to reholster and so this does not lend itself to doing lots of drills.

I did attempt to carry left-handed as well. Results were no different. The holster met my goal of being ambidextrous just fine. I have yet to carry other guns in either holster yet, but have tried several to see how they fit and had no issues.

In summary, I think these are some nifty general purpose holsters that will allow for a variety of handgun types, both left and right handed. These are what I would consider to be a deeper concealment IWB holster and work well at that particular task.

Contact more information, pdf, etc.:
Pacific and Mountain Time Zones Contact
Post Office Box 861 • Issaquah, Washington 98027
Phone (425) 985-4952 Email [email protected]
Central and Eastern Time Zones Contact
Phone (615)559-3849
Email [email protected]
Old January 12, 2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Daniel r

Thank you for the review, I hope you are served well by LAW.
Dan