The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 9, 2015, 02:32 PM   #1
VegaSSG32

Recall Remington X Mark Pro trigger

Ok, I guess I must be living in the Stone Age. Because I just learned about the recall on the Remington 700 X Mark Pro triggers. So my question is this. Instead of sending my rifle back to Remington and having them fit a new trigger which I'm hearing can take up to 6 months or longer. I'm leaning more towards just installing an aftermarket. I've heard good things about Timney 40x 1 1/2lb-4lb. But I would like more input.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on an aftermarket trigger?
Old October 9, 2015, 02:36 PM   #2
hoghunting

If you use the "Search" function you will find many threads on this subject. Many have changed out the factory trigger with Timneys, Rifle Basix or Jewels.
Old October 9, 2015, 03:38 PM   #3
zach_

I bought a Timney on one of my 700's. The other I had intended on sending back after the wait time estimations went down. They still say a minimum of 12 weeks when I called last. I called and had the return boxes sent to me. The return boxes are very flimsy. I don't want to risk a drop resulting in a damaged gun that would not show until the gun was zeroed. They wont allow you to send it in your own box, even if you pay shipping both ways. Looks like another trigger purchase.
Old October 9, 2015, 03:54 PM   #4
Roughedge

I put a Timney on mine but if you check your trigger and it dont have the thread locker on the inside you are good to go. I have checked/fixed many for my customers.
Old October 9, 2015, 05:00 PM   #5
VegaSSG32

Thanks guys, from everything I've read, ( thanks hoghunting) in other posts and forums. Everyone seems to agree with not sending back to Remington and the most popular is the Timney 510. I don't really have any quarrels with x mark pro, I shoot .40 MOA groups at a 100 yard with Norma 168gn Sierra Matchking BTHP. And never adjusted the trigger, just left it factory. But everyone says there is a world of difference between the mark pro and Timney so I guess I'll find out. Appreciate the feedback guys.