The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 3, 1999, 08:16 PM   #1
Tribune

I am considering modifying a standard 10-22 by putting on a Choate pistol grip stock. I wonder if anyone is familiar with this mod? Specifically, do any new holes need to be drilled and what happens to the rear sight (if anything) with this mod. I haven't seen one "first hand" and am considering ordering. Thanks for any advice. Tribune
Old April 3, 1999, 11:25 PM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Tribune, if it's the one I'm thinking about it goes for $62.75 and is completely drop in. No holes or fitting required. It won't affect your sights at all. George
Old April 25, 1999, 01:50 AM   #3
Riss

Have a 10/22 myself ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Almost all accessories sold aftermarket for the 10/22 are completely drop in with no modifications. If you have any questions about particulars I can answer most of them. Anyone with at least minor mechanical skill can improve the accuracy and shootability of this sweet rifle.