The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 3, 2009, 12:46 PM   #1
greyson97

beretta urika 2 or similarly priced O/U

which should i pick in your opinions? I want to join a Trap/Skeet/Clay club that has courses and the whole shebang. I dont want to bring my Remy 870, or my benelli m4. I can get a beretta urika 2 for $799 or i can spend that much on a similarly priced over under. which should i pick?

or should i put my 6" barrel extender with its IM choke and just use my benelli m4 and save myself a lot of money?

this is the club in question: http://www.capitolclays.com/

si vis pacem, para bellum
Old October 3, 2009, 03:26 PM   #2
LanceOregon

The 391 Urika 2 is a better handling gun, and is lighter recoiling as well.

Name brand O/U shotguns typically cost a lot more than that.

CDNN Sporting Goods often has some truly outstanding deals on quality O/U shotguns. They have two excellent FN Belgium made Winchesters on close-out sale for only $999 currently. They also have a nice Weatherby for only $879 They also have some high grade Italian made Fausti O/U shotguns for $799 for a field model, and $899 for a Sporting Clays model with ported barrels.

Any of those would be excellent guns. I have a friend who own a Fausti, and it is real nice. And the Winchester O/U shotguns are made in the same FN factory in Belgium that makes the super expensive Browning O/U shotguns. They are excellent firearms.

Just download their current catalog here:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html

--
Old October 4, 2009, 07:31 PM   #3
A/C Guy

We have both a Fausti and a Franchi and they are a good value.
The Italians make nice shotguns.
Old October 4, 2009, 07:47 PM   #4
oneounceload

I would be VERY suspicious of an O/U for that price being able to hold up over a month or so..........
Old October 5, 2009, 07:22 AM   #5
LanceOregon

Quote:
I would be VERY suspicious of an O/U for that price being able to hold up over a month or so..........

You need to do some research on this subject.

CDNN generally sells guns that are either close-outs or are overstocked. They get some really sweet deals because of that.

Those two Winchester shotguns that I mentioned are made at FN Herstal's main factory in Belgium. Are you implying that guns made at that factory are substandard in some way??? It is renown for being known as one of the premier gun manufacturing facilities in the entire world.

Both of those shotguns were originally sold with a suggested retail price of $1,700 They are being discounted 48%, which is an absolutely huge discount.

--
Old October 5, 2009, 07:30 AM   #6
LanceOregon

Quote:
We have both a Fausti and a Franchi and they are a good value.

My friend has had his Fausti now for almost exactly 10 years. He has shot quite a bit of sporting clays with it. And he lives way out of town in the country. In fact, there is BLM land right behind his property. He has a nice thrower set up in his backyard, and target shoots just a short distance from his house.

Anyway, he loves his Fausti, and has never had any issue with it. Those Fausti shotguns that CDNN has on sale are being discounted 40% from their MSRP.

--