The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 22, 2007, 12:08 AM   #1
jrfoxx

Shot my Crocket .32 cal for the first time!

A few days ago, I shot my Crocket .32 cal for the first time (first time firing ANY blackpowder gun for that matter), and I was HIGHLY impresed.Just as much fun as I imagined, and it was INCREDIBLY accurate.I alwys thought o bp guns as being pretty INaccurate, but appaently I was way wrong. I kept all 10 shots within 3" or so at aout 20yds offhand (may not sound all that great, but I'm not really the greatest shot either).Its obvious that this thing is capableor much greater accuacy that I can give it without a lot more practice.I couldn't be happier for a gun I paid like $70 for and had only guessed a ball and patch size for, and in a platform that I had never tried before.Iam definitly hooked.Whata fun gun/platfom to load ad shoot....
Hmmmm....time to start looking at rifles...flintock next mabe? (I think those just look really cool and like a lot of fun).

Old March 22, 2007, 10:49 PM   #2
arcticap

$70? You're making us all feel jealous! What a good shooter too.
Old March 26, 2007, 09:07 PM   #3
Double J

Looks like a nice little pistola. Now you've been bitten by the BP bug.
Old March 27, 2007, 10:09 AM   #4
O.S.O.K.

yep...

it's very addictive.

You may want to start with a percussion rifle though - the flintlocks, I'm finding out take some fiddling with the flints and such to get them running right. And the flints only last so long and you have to knapp, adjust, etc. - higher maintenence - but then again, you may like that!