The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 13, 2013, 06:53 PM   #51
WC145

My S&W 9mm 1911 Pro Series had an excellent trigger right out of the box - clean, crisp, 4.3lbs avg.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper
Old May 13, 2013, 06:55 PM   #52
hlds54

my SA range officer has an awesome stock trigger
Old May 13, 2013, 07:45 PM   #53
KyJim

As many others have said, a lot depends on the individual gun. However, for a production gun, every Dan Wesson I've handled has had an excellent trigger (talking about models made 2008 and later). However, they now border on the semi-custom range rather than a true production gun.

The lightest trigger I've ever tried on a production gun was a Springfield TRP and it bordered on being dangerously light, IMO. That one was an aberration, from my experience. I had a Mil-Spec that had a fairly crappy trigger and still own a Loaded model that has a very good trigger.

I have a couple of Colts of recent vintage and they have very serviceable triggers that break cleanly but are a tad heavy for my tastes.

I have one STI Spartan and it has a very good trigger, especially at its price point (under $650).