The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 25, 2010, 11:16 AM   #1
impactco

CH4D BMG primer pocket swage

Just a heads up on this device. I received it this past week and ran 200 1X fired LC cases through it today. Properly adjusted, there doesn't appear to be excessive pressure imparted to the rim, which was my main concern with the design of this unit. A little spray of One Shot on the tip of the swager every 50 cases or so keeps it running very smoothly.

It's part # 453590 here:

http://www.ch4d.com/

I followed up with the K&M primer pocket correction tool chucked into a small drill press on the slowest setting.

http://www.kmshooting.com/catalog/50...tion-tool.html

Once finished, primers seat in the cases like butter using my Hornady press.
Old April 25, 2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Stargazer

+1 for CH4D. I ordered one of their crimp dies for 7.62x39mm to make my own rifle grenade launch cartridges. It worked great even with steel Silver Bear cases. I removed the bullets and powder, saved both of course and then used the Silver Bear sealed and primed cases to make the launch ones.

Ch4D even said if you have bought ANY special crimp ammo from anyone on the web, they had made those dies too.

M70 Web Page