The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 1, 2009, 04:37 PM   #1
dberry

magazine modifying?

I have a 9shot tokorov 9mm that I want another mag but I cant find one anywhere. I was thinking of getting another 9mm single stack mag that would be long enough and cutting out a hole so it would lock in the gun. I was thinking a 10 round sig 225 mag would work. Is it worth doing and what should I use to cut out the hole? Would it be ok to do this if the mag will go up in the gun? Help
Old September 1, 2009, 10:18 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

A normal 9mm P magazine will probably be too short (front to rear) as that magazine was made for the 7.62x25. You should be able to get a regular Tokarev magazine as they work fine with the 9mm. (The Germans converted tens of thousands of Tokarevs to 9mm just by changing the barrel.)

Jim
Old September 2, 2009, 10:44 AM   #3
ISC

Maybe a CZ 52 mag? Possibly a Helwan? I had a 9mm Tokerev. It came with a spare mag and both were stenciled with the pistol's serial number.

The mag had a piece of metal in the back to take up the space left due the shorter 9 mm round. I think it probably isn't needed though.
Old September 3, 2009, 08:12 AM   #4
dberry

The problem with tokorev mags is they are all too short. My tokorov has a longer grip to accomidate the extra round in the mag. Length of the mag is really the major issue.