The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old October 26, 2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Carl

SKS issue

Hey guys, it has been awhile since I posted. Please forgive me if this issue has already been addressed, I searched and couldn't find much.

I have a Yugo SKS with an ATI collapsible stock. I bought this gun off my brother a few years ago, and he bought it from Cabelas. The front of the stock has kind of popped out, and the metal plate that is supposed to hold it in place is loose and it will not stay. I know this is not very technical, so I have included pics.

Second pic is how it should sit flush, it requires a lot of force to press it in, but it just pops out again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old October 27, 2011, 07:03 AM   #2
highpower3006

My guess would be that the stock has warped and/or shrunk and it is no longer the right size (in addition to being bent) for the front of it to be captured by the front ferrule.

I really can't think of any fixes for it besides trying to heat it in boiling water (take it of the rifle first) and bending it back.

Of course, that still doesn't address the fact that it may still be too short to fit properly. If it was mine I would throw that stock away and buy a new stock for it.
Old October 27, 2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Jeff H

A new composite stock from ATI is only $40-50.00. I'd just replace it if it was up to me. Clearly it is warped and too short.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/962...ynthetic-black

Tags
sks