The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 24, 2006, 06:51 PM   #26
ATW525

It might just be a coincidence, but I wonder if this is the same Christopher Cote. I realize they say 20 years old in that story, but it wouldn't be the first time the press got somebody's age wrong.
Old September 25, 2006, 11:07 PM   #27
azurefly

Quote:
I'm sorry, I just can't picture anyone of normal intelligence, even at 4AM. Confronting a hyper neighbor with a PELLET GUN after this same person displayed a SHOTGUN just minutes before. Until I read otherwise I'll bet the PG belonged to the shotgun holder as well.

It makes more sense to you that the shotgun holder would bother to burden himself with something so useless as a pellet pistol?

I think it makes FAR more sense that the idiot kid who thought he'd go intimidate the homeowner would also be stupid enough to think that bringing a pellet gun to run up against a shotgun would be wise.

I really don't think it's reasonable to assume that the pellet gun belonged to the shotgun holder, given that the shotgun holder was busy holding his shotgun.

-azurefly
Old September 26, 2006, 12:38 PM   #28
cpaspr

Doubt it.

ATW525

Check the bylines. The 20 year old is in Londonderry. That's in Ireland. The original story regarding the 19 year old is in the Palm Beach, Florida paper.
Old September 26, 2006, 01:39 PM   #29
Kirk Keller

Quote:
The 20 year old is in Londonderry. That's in Ireland.
??? And in Massachusetts (where the paper is published), New Hampshire, Vermont...
Old September 27, 2006, 07:00 AM   #30
ATW525

Quote:
The 20 year old is in Londonderry. That's in Ireland.
It's in New Hampshire. The story is in the NH news section of an Assachusetts paper.

However, after further checking, it appears it is only a coinicidence that two people with the same name and approximately the age made headlines for their inability to play nice with others. Apparantly the one in Florida had just moved from another place in Florida.