The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 2, 2015, 01:39 PM   #1
LeftyHolsters

Leftys: Which Holster have you been searching for?

Hey all fellow southpaws. What are the guns that seem to be impossible to find QUALITY LH holsters for? (IBW, OWB , pocket or shoulder rigs)

We are developing an entire line of lefty only, top quality US artisan leather holsters and look forward to "filling the gaps" left by the big guys.

Thanks in advance for all of your help guys!
Old August 2, 2015, 04:14 PM   #2
hartcreek

Good deal and it will not just benefit lefties as many of us like packing one under each arm which means getting a left or right shoulder rig and then fitting another holster in place of the mag/quick loader carrier. Fortunately for me Michaels is so close so I settle for a soft holster and customize it with a pinch bolt to get proper grip.
Old August 2, 2015, 09:50 PM   #3
burrhead

LeftyHolsters, that seems like a poor business model. I'm left handed and don't have any problem getting holsters. All of the quality holster makers that I know of offer their wares to fit either side. I don't see how a company will turn a profit making a product that is so specialized that only 7-10% of the population can use it. But I've often been wrong before so, if you've run the numbers and think it's a good plan, go for it and good luck.

I'm offended by people that are easily offended.
Old August 2, 2015, 10:13 PM   #4
4V50 Gary
Staff

I like shoulder rigs with spare magazine pouches. Never have to worry about your firearm if you go to the potty.

I also use OWB holsters (too skinny for IWB holsters as they rub the hipbone).
Old August 3, 2015, 08:14 AM   #5
reloder56

Just another idea to increase your market share, how about leather for "vintage" handguns. Try finding a concealment holster, right or left, for FN 1910, FN 1910/22, Mauser HSc, CZ 27, Beretta 1934/1935, Colt 1903/1908, etc. Regards, Gary
Old August 4, 2015, 11:37 PM   #6
LeftyHolsters

Thanks guys for your input, I really appreciate you taking the time to do that!

Hartcreek: - I like that idea very much! I'm actually building a custom commissioned dual wield Glock shoulder rig. ( A pair of G22s )
I do like the idea for the ability to swap out either gun for additional mag holsters. Really, it should be an option I at least offer on a high end, custom rig like that. If you ever wanted to try out a proper leather lefty holster shoot me a PM. :-)

burrhead: Certainly super valid concern on being so specialized. Fortunately I do produce right handed holsters as well. To your point, the righty market is too large to ignore. It is interested to know that you have never had an issue. Concern noted, thanks for the honest input.

4V50 Gary: Any particular rig that you have not been able to find by any chance? Also, You raise an interesting point about in the waistband carry and public restrooms. It is a lousy idea to put it down somewhere, yet you can't leave it hanging out there for the guy in the next stall.

reloder56: I Love the idea of a vintage carry line. I feel like it will be relatively easy to find some decent quality replicas for use in the holster making as well. Great idea!
Old August 5, 2015, 06:24 AM   #7
AirForceShooter

My want is in the area of paddle holsters.

AFS
Old August 5, 2015, 02:23 PM   #8
LeftyHolsters

That's a great point on the paddles AirForceShooter! I feel like paddle holsters have fallen out of favor a bit with manufacturers as everyone jumped on the crossbred / kydex hybrid designs. Which firearm specifically might you be looking for? Thanks a ton for the feedback!!
Old August 5, 2015, 03:50 PM   #9
RickB

I've never had any trouble getting left-handed holsters, but I don't own any plastic fantastic stuff that the market may not have addressed, yet.
I have holsters from Bianchi, Galco, Safariland, Blade-Tech, Don Hume, Kramer, Davis, Blocker, Ernie Hill, K Rounds, White Dog, FIST, DeSantis, El Paso Saddlery . . . did I miss anyone?
Old August 5, 2015, 08:49 PM   #10
Captains1911

I'm not a lefty, but from what I recall every holster maker I have ever bought from offers left handed options.

Tags
holsters , left handed , left-handed , lefty , southpaw