The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 16, 2015, 10:56 AM   #1
kealil

Scope mount for Rossi 92 Lever Action

Hello all!

I need some help. I have been trying to get my hands on a scope mount for my Rossi Lever action. I have tried the side mounted ones, but they are a bust for all but some very specific optics. I see that there is a weaver mount that can replace the rear sight advertised on Rossi's website but of course they don't sell it directly. I have tried several merchants over the last three months to try and get a hold of this mount, but they are all out of stock or unavailable.

The part number per Rossi is "p801"

Are there any alternatives that you guys are aware of? Though this particular placement is ideal for what I want, I am open to other options for mounting an optic.

Just as an aside: The reason I want to place an optic on the rifle is because I cannot stand iron sights on rifles. my eyes are just not good enough for them. Even the Marbles sights were not usable for me.

Thank you all!
Old August 16, 2015, 03:13 PM   #2
skizzums

http://www.opticsplanet.com/rossi-p8...ck-finish.html

Rossi says they have +10 available
http://www.shoprossi.com/scope-mount...ount-base-p801

I would personally just want a peep, but I understand wanting to scope it as well. would be a fun rifle with a very small red-dot maybe

way too tactical 92, but i'll take a mare's leg with with one of those HUGE lensed dots

Last edited by skizzums; August 16, 2015 at 03:19 PM.