The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old June 22, 2002, 10:35 PM   #1
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Family Shoot.

We are growing very close to the family next door to us. Becoming very good friends. We've been doing things together more and more often. Wives are now best friends ever.
He is in the Guard and going to school. He's in the program to be a Chapelin. Cool guy. Loves shooting. Has that funky .308 I posted about in "Rifle". I've got a lot of kids, they have a lot of kids... same ages.

Today we all want shooting. We busted out all the guns we had... all together we had about a dozen. All got fired... Everyone shot... including the youngest. My 1 year old actually took a shot with a bow too.
The favorite of everyones was the Colt AR-15 Match HBAR. The ladies had no problem adjusting that one. My wiffy was bouncing cans all over the place!
He packs a .45 too. A SIG P220. Nice choice. The 220 is a solid gun... a Classic. Makes me wish I still had mine. Wait a sec - mine started to have cracks in the frame... Never mind.

Everyone had a great time. Friendships get forged doing this kinda stuff. Had a great time. We had all the kids policing the brass too... which was great.
Old June 24, 2002, 07:42 AM   #2
ACP230

I was at the range yesterday to celebrate my birthday. My shooting buddies were there early, along with my two sons. Later my wife, Dad and Mom arrived, along with my friend's wives, and one's younger son.
We didn't have the best day as it rained off and on. We still managed to shoot a single-shot .22, a .410 shotgun, a couple of centerfire rifles and two subguns. After it got wet we went under cover and ate the food that everyone brought.
It was a fine day, despite the rain.
Old June 24, 2002, 09:56 AM   #3
Riz

Thats great! Got to love getting along with the people that you live next door to. Lots of plus's to that setup. Where do you like to go shooting at around here? The frame of your Sig cracked?!?! Glad to hear you had a good time.
Riz