The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 10, 2009, 03:09 PM   #1
GuitarXM

NYC ammunition LIMIT law

According to title 38, for those who live in NYC, there is a limit on the amount of ammunition that one can store.

It says that, organizations can't store more than 200 bullets, and have to apply for a storage permit in order to store more.

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the amount of bullets that ordinary rifle permit holders like myself can store in their house?

Basically is there a household limit of 200 ammo? Or does that apply only to dealers and organizations?
Old March 10, 2009, 03:32 PM   #2
JohnRaven

Wow, that is ridiculous if there is such a law.

You need to get out of that state, man...
Old March 10, 2009, 05:03 PM   #3
Yellowfin

How about have a 200 vote limit for those politicians who vote in favor of it?
Old March 10, 2009, 05:06 PM   #4
rwilson452

200 bullets? as in bullets or did you mean loaded ammunition. I'm not a subject of NYC or NYS. I'm a bit south of the line. I have more than 200 bullets on one shelf of my reloading supplies. Then again a month ago I bought a case of Winchester Q3131. For those that don't know that is 1000 rounds of loaded ammunition. When I reload .45ACP I go at it until I fill up a 3 pound coffee can. I'm sure that is more than 200. I have more than one 3 pound coffee cans for storing .45 blasting ammo.

Quote:
NYC ammunition LIMIT law
According to title 38, for those who live in NYC, there is a limit on the amount of ammunition that one can store.

It says that, organizations can't store more than 200 bullets, and have to apply for a storage permit in order to store more.

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the amount of bullets that ordinary rifle permit holders like myself can store in their house?

Basically is there a household limit of 200 ammo? Or does that apply only to dealers and organizations?
Old March 10, 2009, 05:07 PM   #5
armsmaster270

Boy would I be in trouble there. The lowest amount I have is over 500 rounds and that is in a Caliber I seldom shoot.I have over 2K of 12 Ga and 200rds of that is 00Buck
Old March 10, 2009, 11:28 PM   #6
USASA

Oh...screw NYC.
Old March 11, 2009, 12:54 PM   #7
GuitarXM

--

lol...I just called my local precinct.
One of the guys said that the law only applies to dealers and organizations because they are regulated by the fire commissioner..some crap like that...

So I guess there is no limit for households. I don't know...haha