The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 5, 2000, 11:35 PM   #26
ChrisMkIV

I had all kinds downright cruel things in mind to do to him if if I ever cought up with him, things that I know would cause pain, and
permanent bodily damage, like.......well I won't go into it. but my wife told me she thought I would never be capable of carrying out the act I discribed to her.

I will say this, your mother,sister,wife, or sweetheart should always have the means of protecting THEMSELVES, you CANNOT depend on the police to do it. we need to show the preditors of this nation we will not lay down
and die.

------------------
"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, becuse the whole body of the people are armed"
Noah Webster

[This message has been edited by ChrisMkIV (edited May 06, 2000).]
Old May 6, 2000, 12:23 AM   #27
Mike / Tx

Chris,

I'm new to this forum being here only since March. I just read through your post, all of it. I would like to pass on my regrets for this happening to your family and especially the sunshine of your life. I sincerly wish her all the best and hope she is feeling more at ease.

It is a sad fact but true that this seems to happen more and more in these times but the sad fact is that the laws seem to be protecting the POS offenders more and more also. As some of the others mentioned, some area the POS could actually have charges brought against your'all.

I hate that it all happened at all and I'm truely glad that your wife had the collectiveness in that situation to not let herself become a stastic. I hope that my sweetheart could react in the same manner. I as you don't leave home without her having the means to protect herself. I pray to God that she is never tested, but if she is I hope she passes as your wife did.

God Bless and take care of her she deserves all of the attention you can muster.

Mike / Tx
Old May 6, 2000, 12:53 AM   #28
Jon K

It sounds like you are lucky to have a good police department where you live. Most police officers love it when some POS has the tide turned on them. Men who rape woman are lower than whale [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]. Most can never be rehibilitated and will continue their actions until they get a 45 cal labotomy.
Please see to it that your wife gets some advanced firearms and defensive tactics training. She is one gutsy woman. You should be proud of her.
God Bless - John K

------------------
NRA MEMBER? GREAT, NOW JOIN GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
Old May 6, 2000, 01:08 AM   #29
LawDog
Staff Emeritus

Chris, let me add my congratulations.

The PD may be keeping the sheet for any number of reasons, not the least of which is that your wife may not need to see it. PTSD can be triggered by some really odd things, and a bloody sheet might be one of those triggers.

There could be all sorts of trace evidence on the sheet, not just blood. Fibres, trace prints, anything.

Buy some new sheets, and write off the old sheet.

LawDog
Old May 6, 2000, 02:17 AM   #30
ChrisMkIV

If I was unclear about the sheets, I want to say i'm sorry, I just wish I knew for sure if we hit the SOB or not!

I was not attached to the sheets or anything I just wanted to know if there was any of the
scum's blood on it or not, indicating a hit.

Am I obsessing over the hit/miss part of this
ordeal? Maybe.

------------------
"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, becuse the whole body of the people are armed"
Noah Webster
Old May 6, 2000, 04:56 AM   #31
fubsy

Perhaps it comes from your desire to know the sob paid a price...fubsy.
Old May 7, 2000, 12:25 AM   #32
ChrisMkIV

After hearing how differnt it could have been somewhere else about geting my Colt back, I am really gratefull to the fact that I live in a state where LEO's are not afraid to recognize the fact that private citazens have the right to defend themselves from attack from the dirt that they have to try and fight every day of the week, The Colony PD is a really good group of Officers.

------------------
Noah Webster
Old May 7, 2000, 02:10 AM   #33
fastforty

Sorry for the late post, just got back online, had to search up your original post.

I have to express heartfelt sympathy for the injuries sustained, and a lot of envy for your wifes courage. I personally have trained for many hundreds of hours in advanced self-defense classes. Even after the debate on artificially induced "stress", I can tell you with absolute certainty that I would not have been able to react as your wife did under her circumstances. Of course, "her circumstances" don't quite apply to me. I have no children. I think that one fact is was the key to her survival.

Maybe I'll hafta rewrite my signature now.

------------------
The Bible is my lawbook. I turn the other cheek when applicable, and spend the rest of my days resisting evil at every front, until I have breathed my last breath.
Old May 7, 2000, 02:24 AM   #34
ChrisMkIV

FASTFORTY-Don't change your signature unless you want to, the Lord would not want us to bow down in the face of evil because we are supposed to turn the other cheek.This what Father Reed of my church said when we told him about it "you can insure the safety of you and your family and still be a child of god."

------------------
Noah Webster
Old May 7, 2000, 03:09 AM   #35
Steve Smith

ChrisMkIV, I normally don't read the General Discussion forum, but I'm staying up 'till 2:02 am reading of your wife's heroic actions. My prayers go out for your you and your wife. Tell your wife that I'm giving a transcript of the story to my (already gun-friendly) wife to give her a litte reminder of how dangerous this world is. (We moved to the country, and I see my wife's guard go down daily.) Your wife is an inspiration to us all, and I commend her "fighting mindset."

------------------
"Put a rifle in the hands of a Subject, and he immediately becomes a Citizen." -- Jeff Cooper
Old May 7, 2000, 02:59 PM   #36
MBG

Chris,

I am glad to hear you, and your family, have pulled through this as intact as possible.

As Robert mentioned, the stress from this type of event can take a long time to manifest itself. Look to deal with it proactively. Often times, it is fueled by misguided guilt. Don’t let her doubt her actions for a moment.

Marty

[This message has been edited by MBG (edited May 07, 2000).]
Old May 7, 2000, 03:19 PM   #37
Oleg Volk
Staff Alumnus

Thanks, in part, to this story which I related in not so many words to my mother, she has graduated to an HD weapon of her own. Although it is a mere (100% reliable) Buckmark with eleven hi-vel .22s and a ten-shot spare magazine, she's pretty good with it and knows how to bring it into action (point, pull eleven times, drop the magazine, reload, pull ten times, wait for 911 to remove the enemy remains). Hope she graduates to something bigger but not sure what it can be. A Colt Hammerless .32 might be the ticket as it is easy to aim and fire yet hits harder than a .22LR. She just can't fire or reload revolvers effectively and my M1 carbine is too big and heavy for her.

Does anyone make guns in the same size/weight/recoil category as 1908 Colt Hammerless, preferably one that is drop-safe?

------------------
Oleg "peacemonger" Volk

http://dd-b.net/RKBA