The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 13, 2009, 05:34 PM   #1
carpenterbee

Colt Mustang .380 ejector problems

I've been hit by the Colt Mustang gotcha. Loaned the gun out to a friend for a while, got it back in non firing condition. Disassembled it and found the ejector (Part 4 on exploded diagram, part#55551) had slipped down into the magazine area. Found the fix in the manual by pressing the spring and it fell right back into place. Didn't bother firing it right then, but discovered some time later the weapon will not fire a cartridge. Not even a dent on the primer. I'm thinking that either me or my friend damaged the ejector when reassembling the weapon. It looks like the ejector has to raise the firing pin block when the trigger is pulled to allow the firing pin to contact the primer. This is not happening with my Colt Mustang. I wonder if the weapon is so old that the ejector is no longer available. I've not found one in stock on the net yet.
Old August 13, 2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

Probably your best bet is to talk to directly to Colt.
Possibly they still repair these.
Old August 13, 2009, 07:58 PM   #3
FDT

Nothing may be wrong.....

There is a trick to reassbling those little Colts......I can't tell you what it is because it has been so long I don't remember.....But I took one down for a good cleaning once upon a time and when I reassembled it it would not fire.
Took it to a friend who was a gunsmith and he had it fixed in no time....let someone who is familar with those guns have look at it....
Old August 15, 2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Superhouse 15

If you can't get it to work, Colt will still service it for free.