The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 18, 2014, 09:25 PM   #1
oldscot3

good results with Bergers

A couple of thre shot groups doesn't tell the whole story but initial results look very promising. My old Rem ADL in 6mm Rem shot a .280" ragged one holer and then a perfect clover shaped group that measured .500".

The only difference in the loads was the oal; the smaller group was about .006" longer.

More tinkering to do, but I think I'm going to really like these Berger bullets.The last day of deer season is tomorrow, I guess I'll have to wait until next year to see how they work on game.
Old January 18, 2014, 10:04 PM   #2
AllenJ

I've had good luck with Berger 95 grain Hunting VLD's in my 243 Winchester using RL22. Multiple sub 1/2" groups and my son shot a 3/8" with them. The best the gun has ever done was with 80 grain Barnes TTSX's and IMR4350. Three different people shot 1/4" groups with that load.
Old January 19, 2014, 09:19 AM   #3
oldscot3

The loads I shot yesterday were over RL 22. I'm going to reload and use the longer oal again. We'll see what happens, but it's starting to look like my silly little ADL thinks it's a 40x. I couldn't be happier at the thought, as all of my rifles are either hunting weapons or c&r.l'm not used to anything I have going sub-moa.