The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old January 15, 2011, 02:58 PM   #1
JC5503

Black Death Matches

Hi I happened to be reading a thread and someone mentioned a Black Death Target, I googled it and all I found was old closed threads about it and some examples of what it looked like. My question is has anyone ever shot in a competition that used it and where do they have them if they even do anymore?
Reading some of the threads I got the impression that it was a mail in type of competition that used the honor rule as far as distance and how many times you tried it.
Old January 15, 2011, 03:23 PM   #2
jimbob86

From Marlin owners forum:

Quote:
The Black Death Challenge Target, which is shot at 25Yds, consist of five targets, white circles on black backgrounds. The white circles range in size from 1 1/2" down to 1/2" and have point values ranging from 1 Point for the largest circle up to 10 Points for the smallest circle. A total of Five shots can be taken at any combination of the five targets. Any shot that cuts the black background surrounding the white circles voids the entire target (i.e. NO Score), thus "The Black Death Target".

So, you can play it conservative and put all five shots into the 1 1/2" circle and earn a big 5 points, OR you can attempt to "Max" the BDT by putting all five shots "Inside" the 1/2" circle and earn your "Order Of the White Feather" designation.
Looks challenging.
Old January 15, 2011, 03:24 PM   #3
egor20

Here's the targets and form

http://www.lyndenhuggins.com/hunting...blackdeath.pdf

Country don't mean dumb.
Steven King. The Stand
Old January 15, 2011, 03:27 PM   #4
JC5503

Yeah it looks challenging and fun, I printed off a couple of the targets just to try it out lol