The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 16, 2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Cowboy_mo

Help with trail cam photos

Having trouble getting photos to load.

Last edited by Cowboy_mo; December 16, 2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: can't get the photos loaded
Old December 16, 2013, 07:14 PM   #2
shortwave

I can't answer your problem.

I'd say you will most likely have a better chance of getting them answered if you provided detailed info about your camera.
I.E. brand, model number, etc.
Old December 16, 2013, 07:27 PM   #3
Cowboy_mo

Sorry guys, it isn't a problem with the cam. I got 2 pics on my cam and can't tell for sure if they are 2 pics of the same buck or two different bucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg novbuck.jpg (134.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg decbuck.jpg (123.3 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by Cowboy_mo; December 16, 2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old December 16, 2013, 08:48 PM   #4
AllenJ

My best guess it that they are two different bucks. The November buck looks slightly wider than the December buck. That could just be camera angle but that is my best guess.
Old December 17, 2013, 07:05 AM   #5
Rottweiler

I'm going with 2 different bucks. The tines on one are curved inward more than the other.
Old December 17, 2013, 07:10 AM   #6
Double Naught Spy

Given that one image is poor compared to the other and the lighting is poor to start with in both, I would say that it is pretty hard to tell if they are definitely different or not. That one deer is in motion will alter the appearance sufficiently that subtle differences may be obscured.

What does it matter if they are the same or different?
Old December 17, 2013, 09:33 AM   #7
Cowboy_mo

Quote:
What does it matter if they are the same or different?
I have a small property to hunt and it would be great to know if I will have 2 bucks to hunt instead of 1.

I live in a "urban" area where the deer population has been significantly reduced over the last 7-8 years. Plus the power company came through a few months ago clearing their full power line easement that disturbed the bedding area I had maintained for years. So, again it would be nice to know if more deer are coming back to the area.
Old December 17, 2013, 01:44 PM   #8
BuckRub

You can see a hundred deer on your game cam but its what you see in stand that matters.
Old December 17, 2013, 07:57 PM   #9
Cowboy_mo

Quote:
You can see a hundred deer on your game cam but its what you see in stand that matters.
Today 08:33 AM
That's but if the cam isn't seeing any the likelihood of seeing one from the stand is pretty slim.
Old December 17, 2013, 08:28 PM   #10
Garycw

Looks like the same one IMO. Might help determine by observing the times of more pics.
Old December 26, 2013, 02:24 AM   #11
bcarver

one deer

looks the same to me.
Old December 26, 2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Sure Shot Mc Gee

I too think their the same buck. {I'm looking at their brow tines.} Being both pix were near the same time at night has allot to do with my judgement call also.

I know deer are so to speak punctual in their movements. I've purposely watched deer movement from my deer stand when I've had a grain feeder up & spinning. Without being disturbed it seemed I could count on certain deer showing up at different times of the day everyday. A few seemed to be pretty punctual by my wrist-watch.
Kind'a hard to explain this example: I once watched a particular doe and her fawn come to my feeder only one evening a week. She would lead her fawn out of heavy cover exactly 15 minuets before darkness. As darkness was an issue that time of year and came a little sooner every evening {minuet by minuet} it made no difference week after week. She and fawn showed up exactly 15 before darkness. What made her so unusual was the fact there were a few other deer I believe that actually camped out close by just waiting on that spinner plate to throw. Not a behaviour for her and her little one. No-siree!! Only once a week I'd see them two. On a Sunday evening. She kind'a rounded out my week for me.