The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 26, 2008, 10:38 PM   #1
Spudbar

anyone know anything about Echasa shotguns?

I have a Echasa 410 single shot shotgun, I would like to know more about this spanish made gun. any help would be appriciated.
Old May 2, 2008, 03:36 PM   #2
dutchy

A quick Google search resulted in the following:
Echasa was the brand name of the Echave y Arizmendi Arms factory of Eibar in Spain. Located in the Basque region it also produced motorcycles.
Probably one of those many smaller basque arms factories.

Hope it helped.

Perhaps you could post a picture or two?

regards,
Dutchy
Old May 4, 2008, 06:38 PM   #3
RJay

Echave & Arizmendi got their stat as sub contractors on the French " Ruby "contract. After WWI they made and imported a number of Browning inspired pistols. Their first efforts were poorly made. They did improve the quality of their work and was one of the very few gun makers to survive the Spanish Civil War and were able to return to production ( 1936). Their products are not particularly sought after and have little or no collectors value. I know of no way to date your shotgun but I would guess the late 1940's or 50's.