The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 8, 2011, 08:37 PM   #1
Win73

Big boy

If I see this fellow I am going to put his address on a 150 grain Remington CorLokt.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Old January 8, 2011, 09:18 PM   #2
BIGR

Has your deer season ended? If not maybe you will see him soon. Pretty nice buck.
Old January 9, 2011, 12:12 AM   #3
kaylorinhi

Good luck, I didn't get a shot at the big one behind my place!
Old January 9, 2011, 10:30 PM   #4
Win73

I've got till the end of January. So you can bet I am going to be spending a lot of time for the next three weeks in my blind which is stationed about 80 yards from where he is feeding.
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Old January 10, 2011, 12:21 AM   #5
wpcexpert

Is that an ATV in the back ground? Nice buck for sure. Good luck with him.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson
Old January 10, 2011, 02:32 AM   #6
Win73

That's a junk 4 wheeler in the background. The owner of the farm has quite a bit of "stuff" stored along that fence. My blind is about 80 yards behind the deer. The owner lets me park my 4 wheeler in his shed which is about 90 yards behind my blind. Its about another 50 yards to where I park my truck when I hunt there. I have killed two does there so far this season, one with my crossbow and one with my .30-06.

Old January 10, 2011, 02:50 AM   #7
Win73

This photo shows the layout. You can see my blind right over the head of the doe looking toward the fence. The shed in the background is where I park my 4 wheeler. That brown square right behind my blind is the front panel on a wagon parked along the fence.

Old January 11, 2011, 08:30 PM   #8
Win73

Here he is again!

Old January 12, 2011, 01:18 AM   #9
wpcexpert

Good looking setup. Going to hard to pull him out in the daylight.

If you know exactly what direction he is comming from, you could try and move closer to the bedding area. But careful of that too, as you don't want to spook him. Going to be hard without him chasing does to get him in the open.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson