The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 17, 2007, 11:06 PM   #1
randames22

Location: Gardiner Montana at the North entrance to Yellowstone Nat'l Park
older shotshell reloader

I've got a "Honey Bair 405" reloader and don't have any instructions for it. I had an earlier post but no replies. Doesn't anyone have any info on this reloader? I really could use whatever info anyone might have. Thank you.
Old September 18, 2007, 12:02 AM   #2
snuffy

http://www.subguns.com/boards/reload...ames;read=3417

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=102796

Looks like Hornady would be the best bet to have info on the Bair presses. Give them a call, the least they could say is--no longer available.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?
Old September 19, 2007, 01:07 PM   #3
randames22

I'm surprised that with this reloader being older that some of the "more mature" guys out there don't have any info on this thing. Maybe it wasn't very popular, I really don't know. But the information that has been posted is better than what I had. Thank you.
Old September 19, 2007, 03:51 PM   #4
BigJimP

sorry, I've been loading since the early 60's ( 1960's that is and I've never seen or heard of anyone talking about this machine).
Old September 20, 2007, 12:06 AM   #5
snuffy

randames22, during my search that turned up the info I linked to, I found out the pacific loader I just was given is probably a re-named Bair. I happened to be in my local gunshop last friday, when a guy came in with several boxes of beat up loading stuff. A rusty rockchucker,, 5 boxes of dies,(non complete and all bent up), and a pacific DL105 shotshell loader. It's complete, but needed a LOT of cleaning up. The shop owner, a long time friend, gave him $30 for the whole mess, then gave me the loader FREE!

I determined it uses the current Hornady shot and powder bushings. Otherwise it would work like any other single stage shotshell loader. It kind of resembles a mec but in exact reverse. You start the shell on the left side, and progress counter clockwise the the right. The mec is of course the opposite. Since I have a 366 Hornady, I can use those bushings. I WILL get it running just BECAUSE, no reason needed. A nephew may need a loader some day.

I'll take a picture and post it soon.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?
Old September 21, 2007, 10:31 AM   #6
randames22

Maybe there is light at the end of that "old" tunnel. I sure would like to use this reloader, but not without some instructions. So maybe all of us can keep looking and come up with something. It appears to be a solid machine even if it is kinds old.
Old September 23, 2007, 12:04 PM   #7
snuffy

Randames, is this what your honey bair looks like? If so, I may call Hornady to see if they have a manual for it. Even though, through experience, I know how it works. If you're new to shotgun reloading, you would need a manual to use it.

Sorry it took so long to get these pics on here, there was something wrong at my photo website, wouldn't let me upload pics. They must have fixed it this morning.

Old September 26, 2007, 11:40 PM   #8
snuffy

T-t-t ?????

Old October 2, 2007, 01:34 PM   #9
randames22

Okay, internet provider sold out and we were left without until now. The pics are similar but my base is much larger and I don't have bottles for powder and shot. They are more like cylinders.