The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 7, 2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Cyberbach

Frontier CMJ Restrike bullets

I recently acquired several thousand of these in 9mm 110 gr and 115 gr. Was surprised to read that they are actually electroplated as opposed to copper jacketed. Anybody have any experience with these?

https://www.topbrassreloading.com/pr...r-bullets-fmp/
Old March 8, 2013, 09:07 AM   #2
j357

I started using them back in December in 124g 9mm and 230g 45 ACP.
They are consistent in weight and size. Surface of a few appear to be ever-so slightly dimpled. Initial development showed them to work well at the low and mid range of FMJ loads. For the 45s I loaded them up at 5g, 5.2g and 5.4g of Universal, seated to OAL of 1.234 (a little longer than most manuals, my gun likes it and it probably gives a little margin pressure reduction). They have worked well at the point of middle FMJ loads. I have a few hundred 45s that I just loaded near the top of the 45 range at 5.6g. I suspect they will do just fine.