The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 8, 2000, 10:53 PM   #1
utvols

Does anyone have experience with this particular brand of sights. I'm considering them for my USP.
Old January 9, 2000, 12:17 AM   #2
Roadking

I don't know much about them. I wondered myself. Check out the pics on this site. http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...leryhidden.htm

I think I'm sticking with Trijicons
Old January 9, 2000, 10:36 AM   #3
CAK

I would steer away from P-T's. I have personally seen the front sight tritium vial pop out from recoil at least a half-dozen times. These sights were mounted on different guns each time (Smith & Wesson and HK USPs). I would go with Trijicon or if you are trying to save money go with Meprolight.

------------------
El Cid '89

Old January 9, 2000, 12:21 PM   #4
PROSOUTH

My dept. issued Glock 21 has the PT night sights on it. It seems that GT Dist. ran out of factory supplied G-21 w/ns and converted a couple with the PTs.

I was more than happy to accept the converted pistol because it had the same sight picture as the standard Glock sight.This I was already used too. It has the Dot in the front and a Basket in the back just like the std sight. The tritium insert in the rear sight is in the bottom horizonal line. Some of the other officers had a problem adapting to the different sight pattern of threee dots

As far as the sight being defective. I have seen all of the mentioned sights have problems. I have not yet had any problems with the PTs.

The PTs have three different sight patterns available. This is a plus to me. The prior dept. pistols we had were not NS equipped. Several of the guys converted on their own to a three dot. I looked at several and just couldn`t get past the fact that as many Glocks that are on the job that no one made a sight to service the std Glock sight picture, even Glock.

I think that all of the sight manufactors have a good extended guarentee. I`d go with what ever I felt comfortable with.

PROSOUTH
Old January 9, 2000, 10:22 PM   #5
Jeff White

I have two weapons, (Beretta 92F and SW 3914) with PT Bar Dot sights. The tritium vials in the 92F were installed in July of 1990. They are still useable. The vials in the SW are about 5 years newer. Sent only the slides, the vials were installed in the existing sights and had 2 week turn around both times.

I will buy my next night sights from them and like Erick, I can't recommend them highly enough.
Jeff
Old January 10, 2000, 10:22 PM   #6
X-KILL

UTVOLS:

You should check out the Meprolight night sights. IMO they and Trijicon would run a close race for first place.

I have the Meps on both my HK USP40C and my G27 Glock. They are very bright green and night time visibility is excellent. Day time pick up, being basic 3 dot white is also very good. I highly recommend them.

You can pick them up from many sources. Glockmeister at glockmeister.com has them for 65.00/set. Locally I pay anywhere from $85.00 to $110.00 installed. I would only consider Trijicon or Meprolight. My HK dealer prefers the Meps.

With utvols as a handle your either in Tennessee or your heart is. If you are may I ask where?

X
------------------
"GLOCK n' ROLL"

[This message has been edited by X-KILL (edited January 10, 2000).]