The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 30, 2007, 10:14 AM   #1
JGIORD

Ankle Holster Recommendations for Glock & Bersa

I've searched throught he archives but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd like to get an ankle holster for a G26 as well as a Bersa Thunder 380. Could someone please provide me with recommendations as to a company and model and what its made of along with the things to look for and look out for. It seems that a nylon \ leather combo is not the way to go, from what I've read so far.

Also, please give me an idea of price too. I've read about some having sheepskin lining, but I'd think that would make it all the hotter to wear???

Thanks for the help.

PS. I have IWB holsters but there are occassions where I think ankle carry is more suitable and more concealed.
Old August 30, 2007, 10:51 AM   #2
jfrey123

I'm in the same boat as you. I'll be getting my permit in a few months, and my main carry pieces will be a G26 and a Bersa Thunder .380. I currently have a cheap nylon Uncle Mikes that fits a G17 as well as the .380 Bersa. The thumb strap is removeable/adjustable because it velcros to the holster. I think it's made for small autos like the Bersa, so fitting my G17 is just a bonus.

I would start out by getting a holster for the Bersa, and see if your G26 will fit as well. I tend to believe that if you find a quality one that fits one model, the other will be too wide or narrow to fit as well. Between those two pistols, there is a substantial size difference. Not up to speed on ankle holsters.
Old August 30, 2007, 11:21 AM   #3
nemesis

Quote:
I've read about some having sheepskin lining, but I'd think that would make it all the hotter to wear???
You may be referring to the Galco Ankle Glove. The sheepskin lining makes it cooler as it allows evaporation of moisture between the the gun/holster and your ankle. Remember latent heat of evaporation?

Bersa's and Glocks are too dissimilar to share holsters on decent quality ankle holster rigs but may be workable on some of the "one size fits all" rigs. The Bersa's holster-critical dimensions are much closer to a 1911.

The calf strap is an optional accessory and most folks don't need nor use them.
Old August 30, 2007, 06:46 PM   #4
Go For Broke

Check out my post under "Good Ankle Holster" by Hallucinator in this forum.

Renegade also makes an excellent version of their holster for autos. It has an open top and a thumb snap.

RENEGADE is in PHOENIX too!

The problem is that you will wear it so often that you have to replace it every five years or so.

Best Wishes,
Old August 30, 2007, 11:08 PM   #5
JGIORD

Renegade

I will give them a call.

Thanks