The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 2, 2012, 06:02 PM   #1
joey253

optic under 200 bucks

Hello one and all. I know I am beating a dead horse here. I have a nikon scope for my ar. I want a red dot for it too. I don't want any zoom. I have about 200 bucks to spend. I'm thinking the bushnell 1x32 acog look alike. On the other hand I like something a little smaller. So help me out. Also I'm an LEO and this is my personal rifle I take on patrol
Old April 3, 2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Ridge_Runner_5

I hear a lot of good things about Primary Arms. But personally, I wouldn't trust any chinese optic to defend my life and the lives of others on a duty weapon. I'd save a bit longer and get an Aimpoint PRO
Old April 3, 2012, 08:31 PM   #3
saands

Burris FastFire might be worth a look ... I don't have enough experience with one to be able to comment on its durability, though, and for this application, I'd be thinking that the only really safe choice is an Aimpoint T1 (or maybe an H1) ... but that ain't gonna show up for $200

Saands