The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old July 22, 1999, 07:29 AM   #1
Ed Brunner

Last night I noticed the new profile feature:Search all posts by this resistered user, and like a true primate I clicked it. To my surprise it came back with Ed's posts. Not Ed Brunner's, just Ed's.The other Ed.
I'm not upset because I cant think of a time when I would need this feature, but it could be a problem when others might wish to profile me.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Old July 22, 1999, 09:22 AM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Ed-
For clarification to others, you are not referring to the Search icon at the top right of the Forum screen. This works fine and using "Ed" as the search criteria, returns all posts by users with "ed" in their names.

The search you're referring to is accessed by clicking on the Member's profile...the face icon at the top of the Member's post. The Profile provides a feature to seach for all posts by that Member.

Conclusion: You're absolutely correct. There's a bug in the software. I'll pass it on to the author.
Rich
Old July 22, 1999, 11:01 AM   #3
Ed Brunner

Rich; Thank you for your usual prompt reaction. As I said it was not a problem to me but might warrant your attention.
Thanks again,

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed