The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 12, 1998, 01:44 PM   #1
Noel

I would love to hear about users experience on this piece. Reliability and things to watch for.

Noel

I haven't had a great deal of experience with the Beretta. We would like to know more as to what type of experiences you are inquiring about?

Ken

[This message has been edited by Ken Campbell (edited 10-13-98).]
Old October 14, 1998, 10:29 AM   #2
Noel

Ken,

I've just purchased one of these and am lukewarm about it. I've not yet fired the piece, and am trying to determine for myself if I should keep it or trade it off.

I have heard both good and bad summaries of it. I was hoping to hear from someone who has used it extensivly, say in class or in LE.

I have a Scattergun Tech. Rem. 870 that I like a lot.

What is the grapvine's wisdom on the Berreta?

THanks,

Noel
Old October 23, 1998, 08:25 PM   #3
Ken Campbell

I guess I can't say specifically anything bad about the Beretta. I believe it is more expensive than an 11-87, and I'm not sure it is worth the difference. It is not as common to work on, and the parts are a bit more difficult to come by.
I don't see it commonly used in military or law enforcement. See lots of Remingtons, Benelli and Mossbergs.

Hope that helps

Ken