The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 12, 2013, 06:04 PM   #1
rebs

rcbs small drum ?

would anyone have a source for a small powder drum for an rcbs uniflow powder measure ? I have the large one and feel the smaller one would meter better for pistol loads.
Old March 12, 2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Txhillbilly

Look on Ebay,or contact RCBS about getting one.
Old March 12, 2013, 08:06 PM   #3
gundog5

Funny, I thought the same thing. I have loaded rifle cases for many years using my uniflow and recently began loading handgun rounds. Thought I needed the small drum but didn't have one on hand so I cranked the rod down and WOW 8.0 grans of long shot and it has held for over 200 rounds and counting. I have a RCBS single stage (for now) and 200 was my limit for one setting.
Old March 12, 2013, 08:10 PM   #4
5 STRING

Everybody that I deal with is out of that item right now. I checked Ebay last night and there wasn't any on there either. Midway says their RCBS small rotors should be refilled into stock as of 3/28/13 if I read it right. You'll have to order it directly from RCBS if you don't want to wait for Natchez or Midway to fill their BO's.
Old March 12, 2013, 08:51 PM   #5
serf 'rett

Got mine from Graf & Sons, but the current run on reloading equipment means you will need to look and keep looking.

Actually, truth be told, I had about a three month wait before they were in stock and that was a couple of years ago. Ebay is a good place to watch. Sometimes I see old Uniflow measures that have both drums going for just slightly more than the cost of a new small cylinder.
Old March 13, 2013, 03:10 AM   #6
rajbcpa

see gun auction sites...
Old March 13, 2013, 08:24 AM   #7
rebs

I have checked every place I know and no one has one not even ebay.
I'll just keep looking
Old March 13, 2013, 03:50 PM   #8
serf 'rett

Well, actually there is one on ebay - buy it now cost of $53.65 - but the shipping cost from Australia is going to cost you.
Old March 13, 2013, 04:06 PM   #9
Barbicatter

Call RCBS. I called them a couple years ago, and told them that I order the wrong Uniflow Measurer. I explained to them it was purely mistake, I ordered the Uniflow Measurer with the large cylinder but I needed the small cylinder. Well the nice folks sent me the small cylinder with no further explaination.

It's at least worth a phone call, at the very least they might be able to locate one.