The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 11, 2013, 04:49 AM   #1
Venom1956

Any CZ fans excited for the Accu Shadow?!

Seriously this blew a hole in my plans of buying a SP-01 Shadow... I NEED to get one of these in my hand...

WHOS GOT ONE!
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old February 11, 2013, 08:20 AM   #2
CurlyQ.Howard

I like the way you think. I don't have one, but I'd love to get one.
Old February 11, 2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Pilot

Sure, for $1,700 it washes your car, cooks dinner, and does your laundry to, right?

Seriously, for competition, that seems like a great way to get an out of the box solution. Little pricey for us more casual shooters though.
Old February 11, 2013, 03:09 PM   #4
chris in va

Interesting, has a barrel bushing like my 97b.
Old February 11, 2013, 03:38 PM   #5
loose_holster_dan

doesn't look a lot different than the shadow.

i have the shadow custom target, so i won't be getting another of their custom guns. to be entirely honest, i didn't think the custom target was worth the $1200 i paid for it. i have trouble believing this one is worth $1700. i just didn't see $600 worth of custom benefit over the 75b.

"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."

Last edited by loose_holster_dan; February 12, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old February 11, 2013, 06:38 PM   #6
Walt Sherrill

There may be $600 of custom benefit over other CZs, but I doubt that I have enough skill or natural ability to take advantage of that extra benefit.

That is a gorgeous weapon, however.

(I spent almost that much on a SIG X-FIVE in .40, and I can't shoot it worth a crap. It's not the gun -- as it drives tack from a rest. Unhappily, I shoot other, cheaper guns far better. It nakes me want to cry.)
Old February 11, 2013, 06:44 PM   #7
Valerko

I have sp 01 shadow target. Still waiting on amendment to my permit so I can pick it up. I'll let you know once I got it
Old February 11, 2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Babyfacenelson

Hope im not thread jacking here....

And i apologize for my ignorant question

Chris in va, or anyone, what is bushing?
What is it's purpose?
Old February 11, 2013, 07:03 PM   #9
ScottRiqui

Quote:
What is it's purpose?
Do you see the silver-colored part that surrounds the muzzle end of the barrel? That's a barrel bushing. It allows a tight fit around the barrel, supporting it and providing a bearing surface for it to slide along, without having to machine a perfectly-sized, perfectly-concentric opening in the end of the slide. Also, as the bushing wears over time and the fit gets "sloppy", the bushing can simply be replaced - there's no wear or damage to the end of the slide.
Old February 11, 2013, 07:04 PM   #10
Babyfacenelson

Thanks

And now i know
Old February 11, 2013, 08:27 PM   #11
gunluver

My shooting buddy just got one 2weeks ago. Very nicely built, great trigger, and very accurate. Nice gun and worth getting if you like CZ's
It is not, however, any more accurate than a 1911.
Old February 11, 2013, 08:30 PM   #12
CurlyQ.Howard

Yes, but it is 19+1 for extra shooting fun.
Old February 11, 2013, 09:46 PM   #13
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
What is it's purpose?
I'm not Chris, but...

The bushing (barrel bushing) is a bushing that holds the barrel snugly in the slide. On 1911s, it contributes to accuracy when they are properly fit to the barrel.

Most CZs have bushings, but they're FIXED in the slide, and not removed when disassembling the slide and barrel. Nearly all semi-autos have bushings, but only a few have easily removable bushings. With some guns, the bushing must be removed before the barrel can be taken out of the slide.

Most CZs lock up tightly from the REAR, with the barrel lugs and slide assuring a rigid lockup, or with a SIG-like fit at the rear as with CZ-40B.

They've obviously done something different with this new model.

Some guns use the removable bushings, some don't. Some very accurate guns have them, some don't. (I once owned a SIG P-210-6 that came with a proof target showning a 1.75" group at 50 meters [about 55 yards]; I'm not even sure that the bushing was separate from the slide on that gun. I never shot groups like that with it, but other folks could shoot it better than I could.)

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; February 11, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old February 11, 2013, 09:52 PM   #14
Babyfacenelson

Scott, walt, thank you for indulging this youngin's itch to learn

I still couldnt justify that much for a "fun gun" when a 3-400$ dollar Ruger will give you just as much fun, just MHO.
Old February 11, 2013, 10:12 PM   #15
Pilot

I'd be happy with finding a stock, plain jane SP-01 Shadow right now with a manual safety. Heck, I might even settle for the decocker version.
Old February 12, 2013, 12:34 PM   #16
Kazaam

Isn't that technically not a barrel bushing? I always thought the barrel bushing was in the slide, not on the front.
Old February 12, 2013, 01:32 PM   #17
Venom1956

Dan don't tread on my dreams man! Ha no I just thought it was a really cool thing i was surfing the CZ sites and was like WTH is a Accu Shadow?! I wonder if you can get this done to a shadow you already own?
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old February 12, 2013, 03:49 PM   #18
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
Isn't that technically not a barrel bushing? I always thought the barrel bushing was in the slide, not on the front.
With most guns, it's both visible on the front, and extends into the slide, surrounding the first inch or so of the barrel inside the slide. If they aren't meant to be removed as part of field stripping, then there's no need for a "flange" on the front to assist in removal.

With 1911s, the removable bushings must be unscrewed and removed from the front -- the part that is visible on 1911 may require a special tool. With the CZ-97, its hand tightened, but looks something like the one shown in the photo. For the standard CZ or BHP, the bushing is not meant to be removed (doiing so is not required as part of disassembly), can be seen, but is permanently locked in place.
Old February 16, 2013, 01:36 PM   #19
rb-illinois

CZ75 SP01 Shadow Target

I purchased my Target in November and shot 300 rounds through it. Saw the Accu Shadow and was impressed from what i read. I sent mine to CZ/Mesa to have the barrel bushing and SHRT Reset Trigger installed. Was told both by Rob and Stuart this would take 4-6 weeks. It's now 2 months and i still do not have it. Was told on Monday by email a problem with CNC machine and bushings! I believe the upgrades though expensive will be worth it, but now have a Shadow Target with upgrades someday installed for more money invested than if i had just purchased the Accu Shadow.
Old February 16, 2013, 02:14 PM   #20
LarryFlew

Stuart is the man when it comes to CZ - you will not be disappointed.
Old February 16, 2013, 02:22 PM   #21
rb-illinois

CZ Minnesota

Larry,

It took me 6 months to make my decision to buy the Shadow Target. Did much online research and very happy i did. Now i can't get the Dan Wesson 9mm Havoc off my mind but cannot find any reviews from anyone who has purchased one. Way too expensive to buy on a whim but am seriously interested. Any advice?
Old February 18, 2013, 02:16 PM   #22
rb-illinois

CZ Upgrade

Got an email this morning from Stuart that my barrel bushing and shrt reset trigger upgrades will be done this week and they will be shipping me back my Shadow Target.
Old February 18, 2013, 02:21 PM   #23
rb-illinois

Isn't that technically not a barrel bushing? I always thought the barrel bushing was

I will post upgrades done on my Shadow Target. It is in the slide and a special wrench is being sent along with the uprade for removal at cleaning time.
Old February 18, 2013, 02:35 PM   #24
manta49

My spo1 is already more accurate than me.
Old February 18, 2013, 02:41 PM   #25
noorked

accuShadow is a fairly new offering from the custom shop. It has the barrel bushing , Different HAJO rear sight & new SRTS short reset system. I think the pricing is reasonable for a Custom Shadow by the CZ Custom Shop. Their guns are exceptional. I have a pro-tek2.