The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 25, 2005, 12:55 PM   #1
The Hood

How do we Train and How long

Trianing to be the Best,,The Elite!

How would you Train

I being the World Champion and uppTeen State Title's holder may just know something,,,,,Maybe hehe

As you can Tell....

It could be all Mental

You Know

In The Head

After all, You got to shoot that last shot knowing you are going to be the Elite The Rest of Your Life..........

so we got to train the mental game to master the form that will be Perfect..

Yeap, It's a Head Game...That if you can't control, you'll never finish on top the World of your Hobby...lol

It's just a Hobby....Inless you want to be the Best, Then it's a life!

The Hood is Here to enlighten you...

First,,
No Thread Jackin,TBO's

I take a while to spew and Hoodigy is hard to read...

The Best of the Best in Target shooting is Heere............

The Hood

I be The Hood~RobbyHood
Old March 25, 2005, 01:01 PM   #2
The Hood

What kind of time do you need to learn to become a Shootin'machine?

you see, the Mental game only comes in to play AFTER you master the form and shot.......

I be The Hood~RobbyHood
Old March 25, 2005, 01:03 PM   #3
The Hood

well It's all Mental.

So Now it become 24/7 365 days a year......

Who would even want to put that time in to a Hobby?????

Just Freaks,,,Like You and Me

I be The Hood~RobbyHood
Old March 25, 2005, 01:08 PM   #4
The Hood

So you shoot yerself in the foot, The go around on day three of shooting, as you WHERE leading hehe

Not no more.

Many many Pistol Target shooters have taken up archery to better their Pistol shooting........Fact

I be The Hood~RobbyHood
Old March 25, 2005, 10:09 PM   #5
The Hood

So we do we have anyone that wants to hear about target shooting training?

I have schooled many in shooting and the Mental game to master your full abilities at the moment it counts the most.

shooting a pistol and aiming is a skill that we archer's and pistol shooters share. It's all in the aiming and pulling and knowing where the shot will hit before the impact.
Mastering target shooting is easy, But master tourament shooting is a Mental game that few have. I know many world class shooters (at home) That can't hit paper when they put their name on the registration paper.

Do I got any taker???

Anyone interested in this Hoodigy???

I be The Hood~RobbyHood
Old March 25, 2005, 10:33 PM   #6
U.F.O.

Hood' Dude. You may be a better archer than the legendary Minamoto Tametomo, but are you starting to get the drift that no one here really cares?

U.F.O.
The low spark of high-heeled boys"
~Traffic - Stevie Winwood~
Old March 25, 2005, 11:36 PM   #7
The Hood

Yeap UFO, I am.

Sorry for trying,I like my free time on the computer having fun with friends and I was just trying to have some fun and meet a few of you. It is a well known that I can cheer people up while talking tactics on competition.

sorry for wasting ya'll's web space

I be The Hood~RobbyHood
Old March 25, 2005, 11:57 PM   #8
yorec

Ya gotta realize the folks of this board have been shooters a long while, Hoody. They don' know you or what you can do - and are not terribly convinced that what you may have to offer can be gained by bulletin board chat. And an unfamiliarity with the art of archery as opposed to firearms muddy's the waters further...

So take it all (or lack thereof) with a grain of salt, eh?

I for one wish you lived a little closer - I'd take ya up on that signed one bet. I wouldn't mind giving ya one in the highly probable chance I could learn sumptin'!
Old March 26, 2005, 01:01 AM   #9
The Hood

Over the years many guys have joined my archery club to better there pistol shooting........

and they did better it.

yorec
I travel all over the nation, going to N.C. next week,,Wyoming I will see when I'm headed that way,,,The National Bowhunt in Sept...That's when

I be The Hood~RobbyHood
Old March 26, 2005, 06:40 AM   #10
LAK

Some people on here may not be impressed, but a few might learn something too. Some shouldn't be too quick to dismiss what someone else might know about the game that they have not considered or grasped.

Quote:
so we got to train the mental game to master the form that will be Perfect
This is true of pistol shooting; as it also applies to rifle and shotgunning. It also applies to golf among other things.

What the Hood is trying to do is articulate the keys to improvement. It is all well and good teaching stances, grip, sights and trigger control; but what about the interface with the mind? How to train the mind to be consistant - concentration - and apply it to the physical manipulation of the weapon. Be it a pistol or a long gun.

Quote:
Mastering target shooting is easy, But master tourament shooting is a Mental game that few have
This is also true. Some people are "good shots", but can not do it "on demand every time" under the pressure of competition.

Just as there are target shooters who can shoot excellent groups on paper at a range - who couldn't hit a game animal in the vitals to save their life. If they can get close enough to shoot one.
Old March 27, 2005, 02:23 AM   #11
yorec

Agreed LAK - like it or not, Hood has obtained quite a feather in his cap archerywise. I've no doubt at all that he's things to teach. And I'm not bashful about learning! Gotta shake out the old sliver slinger and sticks though.

But dang - September? That's the height of the Wyoming big game archery hunt... Priorities ya know!

(But on the off chance I'll have the time - where ya gonna be - a public appearance or ya just coming out to hunt?)
Old March 29, 2005, 12:38 AM   #12
The Hood

Quote:
But dang - September? That's the height of the Wyoming big game archery hunt... Priorities ya know!
Sorry, I been working to many hours.

The Wyoming big game archery hunt, wouldn't you know!

and I'll put a signed one on that too

I practice with a guy that can out shoot anyone......in his yard outside that, he chokes, and we're talking he been doing this for years, and keep asking WHY!!!

some people will never master the mind Game but still love to try.

I be The Hood~RobbyHood