The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 12, 2009, 04:39 PM   #1
gandog56

RCBS Are Pretty Good Joes

Let's start by saying I screwed up and tried to decap a Berdan primed 7.62X54R case. (Still not sure how that one got in my keeper pile). I manage to damage a neck sizer die from RCBS. Sent them an email explaining how I screwed up and needed some replacement parts. They sent me 2 of the threaded shafts the expander ball screws into, 2 expander balls, and 7 new decapping pins. Total cost to me, ZERO dinero.

Not bad for me being the cause of the damage in the first place.
Old August 12, 2009, 05:21 PM   #2
Doodlebugger45

Good for them!

And good for you as well for actually emailing them about the problem. Most of us would be too proud to admit we screwed up and we'd go buy a new one so we didn't have to say anything about it.
Old August 13, 2009, 01:02 PM   #3
jtmo3

They are hard to beat. If you have an issue, get a hold of them and they wil do their best to make it right without a doubt.

John
Old August 13, 2009, 01:36 PM   #4
Hydraulicman

Good to hear
Old August 13, 2009, 03:13 PM   #5
margiesex

I went ....

Months ago, when Ebay allowed brass sales, I went through and processed thousands of cases for some extra cash - I started breaking pins on cases that weren't supposed to be there - if you get my drift.

I called them (RCBS) - I now have rods, expander balls and at least 2 full bags of decapping pins - all for zippo on the dollar scale.

Recently I had issues with an expander ball for the Moisin - no problem - sent me 2 with the dies and an extra in the mail! Again - zippo past the cost of the dies.

And yes, I CALLED and had it in 3 days - unreal customer service - they don't even ask you how you got their product (ie - did you buy it from us new?) - just tell them what you did and they'll make it right - can't say enough about them. Probably why I'm so loyal to the brand.

God bless

Margiesex

And remember: Hug your God and your guns - 'cause he's coming for them both, and soon
Old August 13, 2009, 10:55 PM   #6
Antihero47

I just recieved my .308win rod and expander as well as 7 new pins.