The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 7, 2013, 11:20 AM   #1
ClydeFrog

federal civil lawsuit filed in the Andrew Scott case...

Orlando Florida area atty; Mark Nejame told the local media that his firm filed a federal civil lawsuit over the shooting death of Andrew Scott.
Scott, was shot in killed by Lake County Sheriffs Office sworn deputies who made a early morning "no knock" warrant service on Scott's property.
Scott by reported events answered his door holding a loaded firearm.
The Lake County Florida deputies opened fire & killed Andrew Scott.
The Lake County Sheriff said the unit went to the WRONG location & the subject on the warrant later had the prosecutors drop all criminal charges.

Scott's death was tragic. The sworn deputies were cleared of any wrong doing by the FDLE(Florida Dept of Law Enforcement).
Scott's family members hired Nejame & now there is a huge civil lawsuit.

If I were the sheriff or county mayor, I'd just pay it & settle. The deputies were wrong & used poor judgement. I've been in touchy events too but didn't kill anyone(I once had a high strung armed security guard pull a 92F 9mm pistol on me thinking I broke into my mom's apt).
This legal case should be watched closely.

CF
Old March 7, 2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Patriot86

I don't remember the officers having a warrant period in this case. I thought the officers decided to knock on his door because a homicide suspect parked his motorcycle infront of this poor guys apartment?

Other than the Motorcycle being parked infront of his Apartment there were absolutly zero other links between the homicide suspect and the victim of this shooting.