The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 10, 2012, 07:31 PM   #1
chronic

thinking of building LH ar

So, my question is can you buy a LH upper and put it on, what I guess would be thought of as, a right hand lower?
Old October 10, 2012, 07:40 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Yes. Here is what Brownells says about the Stag Arms upper:

"Purpose-designed upper receiver components are mirror images of the mil-spec right-handed parts, so rounds eject from the left side of the weapon. Now you can build a gun adapted to you, and not have to adapt yourself to the gun. Forged aluminum Left-Handed Upper Receiver comes with the forward assist on the left for comfortable operation by naturally left-handed shooters. Installed ejection port dust cover flips upwards to clear the bolt release on the lower receiver. 13-slot Picatinny rail provides a full 5" for tactical accessories, while the etched position numbers in rail slots ensure repeatability of optic mounting position. Requires the Stag Arms left-handed bolt/carrier assembly and barrel extension, sold separately."

Jim
Old October 10, 2012, 08:14 PM   #3
chronic

Ok, I can buy a Stag Arms model 3HL for 495.00. I can also buy a complete lower for 109.00. The lower is a New Frontier LW-15. What else would I need to have a complete rifle? Thanks James, for the earlier posted info.